- Local News
Phil Sveum, volunteer pantry manager for St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church's Helping Hands Food Pantry, addresses volunteers before they start their bi-monthly distribution of food.
Feeding the masses
Food insecurity is a term used by the USDA for those who lack the means to provide enough food for an active, healthy lifestyle. There are more than 20,000 such families living within Madison County, according to Feeding America, a domestic hunger-relief charity.
- Surviving the times
- AU students surprised by Edwards' decision to retire
- 'Super Saturday' lives up to name
- Changed wording delays debate on right to hunt, fish
- Feeding the masses
Liberty Christian players celebrate their sectional victory over Monroe Central Saturday night.
Lions roar to third straight title
After a rough start in Saturday's sectional final against Monroe Central, Liberty Christian showed its mettle and finished off its quest for a third straight sectional title with a hard-fought 64-52 victory.
- Frankton loses another title game thriller
- Devils end Arabians' sectional streak
- Eastern knocks out Madison-Grant
- Frankton roars past Falcons in second half
- Lions roar to third straight title
Art inspired by the landscape of Anderson has found a new home after prominently hanging in the prestigious 21st Annual Coors Western Art Exhibition & Sale in Denver, Colo. Several oil paintings fashioned by local artist David Michael Slonim were sold, including one for $9,500.
- Re-entering society
- Community Briefs: March 9
- Anderson inspiration
Viewpoint: Stop the Mounds Reservoir project
Shortly after moving to Muncie in 1992 my family and I visited Mounds State Park. We have since visited many times each year. We have delighted in the bountiful spring wildflowers, from the fascinating skunk cabbage found in east central Indiana's best preserved fen, to the elegant blood root and beautiful hepatica.
- Editorial: Hoodie policy reasonable but could be misconstrued
- Letter: New interstate project a waste of money
- Viewpoint: Stop the Mounds Reservoir project