- Local News
A photo of Rebecca and Jesse Sperry is shown on the youcaring.com fundraising website. Jesse Sperry, 23, died Sunday afternoon as a result of his injuries in a traffic accident after leaving church. His injured wife, Rebecca, 22, was flown to an Indianapolis hospital, where she gave birth to their daughter.
Family, friends bid farewell to Jesse Sperry
The fussing of 10-day-old Autumn Marie Sperry seemed to coincide with the beginning of the funeral service for her father, Jesse Sperry, whose body rested just a few feet away. More than 200 friends and family members gathered at Edgewood Baptist Church this afternoon to pay their respects to Jesse, who was killed April 6 in a traffic accident on Indiana 32.
- Police: Woman brings handgun to school
- AU students giving back to community
- Candidates meet in Alexandria
- Local Briefs: April 17
- Family, friends bid farewell to Jesse Sperry
Elwood, Liberty Christian advance in county softball tournament
The 2014 Madison County Softball tournament got off to a wild start at Liberty Christian on Wednesday night as Elwood and the host Liberty Christian Lions advanced with victories.
- Bulldogs, Indians impress in openers
- Eagles, Arabians move to second round
- Rick Bramwell: Improving weather should aid morels
- Ken de la Bastide: Hunter-Reay's blunder proves costly
- Elwood, Liberty Christian advance in county softball tournament
Paranormal investigators visit Paramount
The Paranormal Answers Research Team, a group of investigators who travel to alleged haunting sites, recently visited the Paramount Theatre to see if the building filled with history is also filled with ghosts.
- Jim Bailey: It’s a rough life when you’re six years old going on adulthood
- Kelly Dickey: Ghost hunting leads to more skepticism and a fun story
- Paranormal investigators visit Paramount
Editorial: Let voters weigh option of easing daily commute
Given Madison County’s commuting numbers and recent survey results, it appears there might indeed be a need for and interest in a mass transit system in central Indiana.
- Letter: Local business gives valued aid to Girl Scouts
- Letter: American people still don't know the full truth
- Editorial: Let voters weigh option of easing daily commute
Obituaries: April 17
Obituaries for Marrlynn Oreta Ambler, Estelle "Betty" Frye, Judith K. Fulton, James L. Hahn Jr., David Hunter Maxwell, Leana Rainey, Rebecca K. Roush and Mary E. Wasson are published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Funerals: April 17
- Marrlynn Oreta Ambler
- Estelle Frye
- Judith K. Fulton
- Obituaries: April 17