- Local News
Marcus Johnson, a film and media arts student from Gary, Ind., moves into Dunn Hall at Anderson University on Thursday.
Rainy move-in doesn't dampen freshman spirit
In the 14 years he's taken part in freshmen move-in day, Stu Erny, director of Campus Ministries and International Student Services at Anderson University, said this is the first time the weather has been unpleasant.
- Coats: Reservoir can't rely on federal funds
- Stone Brewery not locating in Indiana
- Agapios pleads not guilty on 5 felonies
- Arrest Log: Aug. 22
- Rainy move-in doesn't dampen freshman spirit
David Humphrey | For The Herald BulletinShenandoah quarterback Adam Lovan brings the ball downfield for the Raiders during a scrimmage last week against Elwood.
High School football preview: Raiders' unselfishness keeps Shenandoah rumbling on
The Shenandoah football team does not rebuild. It reloads. And runs the ball over, around and — when necessary — through anything in its path.
- Rick Teverbaugh: Football, school start too early
- Rick Bramwell: Squirrel good place for hunters to start
- High School football preview: PH's Boudoux, Farrer growing up in the trenches
- Ken de la Bastide: Allmendinger makes Chase field
- High School football preview: Raiders' unselfishness keeps Shenandoah rumbling on
David Humphrey | For The Herald Bulletin The Pendleton Heights Marching Arabians practice for their upcoming competition season. The theme of this year's show is "The Three Apples."
PHHS marching band, Directors Jazz Orchestra to perform
The Pendleton Heights High School Marching Arabians Band and Directors Jazz Orchestra are putting on a show for the community at 6 p.m. Sunday at Falls Park.
- United Way wants community to pull together
- Community Briefs: Aug. 22
- PHHS marching band, Directors Jazz Orchestra to perform
Editorial: Picnic shows 'it's not us and them; it's just us'
While the cauldron of racial division boiled over in Ferguson, Mo., folks 264 miles away in Anderson gathered Sunday for the 14th annual Racial Reconciliation Picnic at Jackson Park.
- Letter: Candidate cares about military families
- Letter: Government negligent on immigration policy
- Editorial: Picnic shows 'it's not us and them; it's just us'
Obituaries: Aug. 21
Obituaries for Robert Brown, Judy M. Collis, Peggy Lynn Croy, James N. DeVore, William Lee Ferguson, Deena Ann Granger, Carolyn J. Hubbard, Janice M. Mahaney, Frances W. Paddock, Louis Charles Shell, Charles Sparks and Junko VanBuskirk are published in the Thursday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pending obituaries: Aug. 21
- Funerals: Aug. 21
- Judy M. Collis
- James N. DeVore
- Obituaries: Aug. 21