- Local News
The Wigwam was closed in 2011 by the Anderson Community School Corp. board because of budget constraints. Opened in 1961, it was the second largest high school gymnasium in the nation with nearly 9,000 seats.
NBA D-league team proposed for Wigwam
The Wigwam gymnasium could become the home of an NBA development league if plans proceed from a former area basketball coach. "We have a plan for the Wigwam to be used in a lot of different ways," Terry Thimlar said "One of the possibilities would be a D-League team, but it's much more than that. Right now our major focus is to bring it back to life and make it a viable entity."
- New service provider chosen for TRAM service in Madison County
- Smith, mayors oppose marriage ban
- Harrison College to host career panel Dec. 5
- Arrest Log: Dec. 4
- NBA D-league team proposed for Wigwam
Frankton girls get on winning track
Two teams faced off in the Eagles Nest searching for their first win of the season, and when the final horn sounded it was Frankton outscoring Eastern (Greentown) 39-27 for the victory.
- Eye on Opponent: Dalton's growth continues to spur Bengals
- Rick Teverbaugh: Lewis put down good foundation
- Carroll gets first win at Elwood
- Ken de la Bastide:Where does Johnson rank?
- Frankton girls get on winning track
Viewpoint: Bullying from Gov. Pence not acceptable
Those of us who were horrified at the bullish tactics of Tony Bennett, a man who appeared to care more about stats than students, voted him out. Yet Gov. Pence seems hell-bent on carrying on the same bullish tactics.
- Editorial: City administration needs to answer for loss of records
- Viewpoint: Public should be wary of reservoir hype
- Viewpoint: Bullying from Gov. Pence not acceptable