- Local News
Rebecca Sperry embraces her 9-day-old daughter, Autumn Marie, after being reunited with her at a rehabilitation facility Tuesday afternoon. Sperry is recovering from injuries suffered in a traffic accident on April 6 that claimed the life of her husband, Jesse. She was airlifted from the site of the crash in the 7500 block of West Indiana 32 to an Indianapolis hospital, where she delivered Autumn by emergency C-section.
Baby born after deadly accident released to family
A baby girl born the same day a deadly accident claimed her father's life was released from the hospital Tuesday afternoon.
- Three local schools earn '4 Star' status
- Final draft of academic standards released
- Primary voting starts at courthouse
- Commissioners vote to eliminate Personnel Board
- Baby born after deadly accident released to family
Auto racing columnist
Ken de la Bastide: Hunter-Reay's blunder proves costly
A lack of patience cost Ryan Hunter-Reay and teammate James Hinchcliffe a chance at victory last weekend in the Verizon IndyCar Series race at Long Beach.
- Many girls tennis teams return top talent
- Wild week will get later start
- Familiar trio leads boys track teams
- New roles, same goals for Arabians
- Ken de la Bastide: Hunter-Reay's blunder proves costly
Alexandria-Monroe Intermediate third-graders Mason Zent and Taylor Hatfield compete against each other in Multiplication Madness or MCAA, Multiplication Championship of Alexandria All Stars. Proctor Matt Faulkenberg, a senior at Alexandria-Monroe High School, oversees their match and keeps score.
Multiplication tourney sparks interest in math
Alexandria teacher creates multiplication tourney to make math fun.
- Review: Classic Cole Porter tunes in 'Anything Goes'
- Community Briefs: April 16
- Multiplication tourney sparks interest in math
Editorial: Teachers contract should not be reopened
Contract talks between Anderson teachers and school board should not be reopened in order to pursue a questionable evaluation system.
- Letter: Public should get informed about fracking
- Letter: Indianapolis will be the winner with reservoir
- Editorial: Teachers contract should not be reopened
Obituaries: April 16
Obituaries for Carma Bess, Ernest Clashman, Judith Cox, Patty Downey, James Fitzgerald, Bob Irle, Vonda Keesling, Jenny Maurer and L. Wayne Van Briggle are published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pending obituaries: April 16
- Funerals: April 16
- L. Wayne VanBriggle
- Jenny Sue Maurer
- Obituaries: April 16