- Local News
Diana Schlabach and Bob Miller look for their property near Mounds State Park on a detailed map of the proposed Mounds Lake Reservoir through Anderson on Tuesday at Mounds Mall at the first of several public sessions being held in Anderson, Chesterfield, Daleville and Yorktown. The proposed lake would run from Anderson to Yorktown along White River. To view or buy this photo and other Herald Bulletin photos, visit photos.heraldbulletin.com.
Reservoir proposal garnering support
Of the approximately 400 people who visited the “Imagine Mounds Lake” display at the Mounds Mall on Tuesday, the vast majority were supportive of the project.
- New York suspect denies involvement in large heroin network
- Election board looking into voter fraud allegation
- Mother who brought gun to school pleads guilty
- Anderson Christian School finds new home at local church
- Reservoir proposal garnering support
Pendleton Heights defenders try to break through the offensive line.
High School football preview: PH's Boudoux, Farrer growing up in the trenches
The best football player in Madison County just might be lined up on the left side of Pendleton Heights' offensive line this fall.
- Ken de la Bastide: Allmendinger makes Chase field
- Speedway announces changes to races
- High school football preview: Baseball star Cherry has Lapel dreaming big
- George Bremer: McAfee can't wait for another shot at miracle finish
- High School football preview: PH's Boudoux, Farrer growing up in the trenches
Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days
Those of us who didn’t start school until after Labor Day are still trying to digest all the changes in the school calendar as educators tell us kids are more likely to retain what they learn if they aren’t off too long in the summer.
- Community Briefs: Aug. 20
- Mommy and me time
- Jim Bailey: School days, school days, good old August dog days
Editorial: Commissioners should be at county council meetings
When none of Madison County's three commissioners showed up for a Tuesday county council meeting, the council withheld $350,000 of money the commissioners had requested for road paving.
- Primus Mootry: I’m just sayin’ . . . beliefs formed by background and experience
- Letter: Columnist's words are mean-spirited
- Editorial: Commissioners should be at county council meetings
Obituaries: Aug. 20
Obituaries for Ronald J. Bell, Everett Bennett, James N. DeVore, Grace Felzien, Carl Hoehamer, Geraldine Mudd, Bertha Mae Paige and Donald Richardson are published in the Wednesday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Pending obituaries: Aug. 20
- Funerals: Aug. 20
- Bertha Mae Paige
- Grace G. Felzien
- Obituaries: Aug. 20