Winner: Harter House
Winner: National City Bank
First Merchants Bank
Madison Co. Federal Credit Union
Old National Bank
Star Financial Bank
Winner: Robin Baker
Company To Work For
Winner: Hoosier Park
Saint John’s Medical Center
United Faith Housing
Winner: Small Fries Large Fries
Anderson Christian School
Gateway Children’s Center
North Kids Learning Center
Park Place COG Children’s Center
Winner: Bestway Cleaners
Clean A Magic 3
Red’s One Hour Cleaners
My Time Fitness
White River Athletic Club
Winner: The Arrangement
K’s Blossom Shoppe
Winner: Gill Bros.
Anderson Country Club
Grocery Store Service
Winner: Great Clips
Medusa Hair Design
Shaggy Chic Hair Studio
Terri’s Trend Cutters
The Clip Zone
Winner: State Farm
Winner: Keg ‘n Bottle
Winner: Robert D. Loose
Harper & Dunnichay
Winner: Saint John’s Health System
- Best of Madison County: 2010
Confusion, fear as Haiti camps evacuate for storm
For nearly 10 months, more than 1 million people in Haiti's earthquake camps have been walking a precarious line
- Bartender: Secret to success is loyalty ANDERSON, Ind. — When the real estate market tanked, Rick Portwood turned to the thing he knew best — bartending. The decision paid off as Portwood was chosen as the best bartender in Madison County in The Herald Bulletin’s Best of Madison County contest.
- Bachelor: Steffan dreams of marriage ANDERSON, Ind. — Car salesman Rob Steffan considers himself a well-rounded man. The 48-year-old has a good job at Myers Autoworld, owns a home in Anderson’s historic district and likes to golf, read and cook. He also never has been married. Steffan was voted Madison County’s Best Bachelor in The Herald Bulletin’s annual public poll. “It’s thrilling,” he said. “I’m flattered. I think a lot of my votes have come from people I’ve met while working (at Myers).”
- Romantic dinner: The Nile is personal, relaxing ANDERSON, Ind. – Being named the Best Romantic Dinner isn’t a surprise to The Nile Restaurant because they’ve been awarded many times for their one-on-one service and unique cuisine, said the owner’s husband Samir Naby. “We’ve been one of the best three restaurants in Anderson,” he said. “I think it is neat.” Naby said his wife, Angele Naby, opened the Mediterranean restaurant more than 20 years ago to provide Hoosiers with a piece of their home.
- Repair shop: Service beyond expectations ANDERSON, Ind. — Darin Tobias knows his customers can get tires anywhere. It takes more than a set of rubber radials to generate repeat business. As owner of Hadsell Tire, Tobias knows that attention to detail makes all the difference. “Everybody has a price, you can buy price everywhere,” Tobias said. “We go above and beyond.”
- Bachelorette: Jill McQueary calls selection humbling ANDERSON, Ind. — Jill McQueary’s selection as Madison County’s Best Bachelorette surprised her, but not so much her friends who nominated her. “They’re my cheerleaders,” McQueary said. Missy Fox was among those friends leading the cheers for McQueary. “I want her to find a good man. She needs and deserves a good man in her life,” said Fox, McQueary’s hairstylist and friend since middle school.
- Best of Madison County 2010: Retail Winners and finalists from the Best of Madison County 2010 survey, according to the readers of The Herald Bulletin. Retail includes apartment/rental complex, bank/credit union, chiropractor, company to work for, clothes retail, day care, dry cleaning, department store, electronics, fitness club, flower shop, furniture store, golf course, grocery store service, hair salon, hardware store, insurance agency, jewelry, liquor store, mortuary, customer service, pharmacy, restaurant staff, senior living facility, specialty store, tanning salon, thrift store, veterinarian and Web site.
- Best of Madison County 2010: Automotive Winners and finalists from the Best of Madison County 2010, according to the readers of The Herald Bulletin. Automotive includes body shop, new car dealer, used car dealer, sales staff and tire/oil/repair shop.
- Best of Madison County 2010: Social Results from the Best of Madison County 2010, according to the readers of The Herald Bulletin. Social includes place to bowl, DVD selection, live music venue, local band, place to dance, family entertainment, karaoke, place to shoot pool and place to watch a game.
- Best of Madison County 2010: People Winners and finalists from the Best of Madison County 2010 survey, according to the readers of The Herald Bulletin. People includes bartender, coach, dentist, doctor, electrician, hairdresser, landscaper, lawyer, nurse, plumber, real estate agent, server/waiter/waitress, spiritual leader, teacher/educator, bachelor, bachelorette.
- More Best of Madison County: 2010 Headlines
- Confusion, fear as Haiti camps evacuate for storm