Roosa named general manager
ANDERSON — Braun Roosa has been named general manager of Mounds Mall of Anderson effective Jan. 1.
Roosa who replaces Ann Boyd as general manager, has served as assistant general manager/marketing director since 2004. He will continue to oversee community relations and marketing as well as taking over the day-to-day operations of the mall.
“I look forward to this new opportunity to serve the mall tenants as their mall manager as well as to continue to serve the community with mall events and public relations like I have been fortunate to do for the last eight years,’’ said Roosa.
Women’s health coordinator named
ANDERSON — Janet Lavelle McIntyre has been named women’s health care coordinator at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital’s Birthing Center. McIntyre attended Madison Heights High School and earned her bachelor’s degree in social work from Indiana State University.
In her new role, she assists new and expecting parents by connecting them with prenatal care, scheduling appointments, planning birthday parties for newborns and facilitating classes, including one dedicated to expecting teen mothers. McIntyre may be reached at 646-8288.
Multani joins medical group
PENDLETON — Manpreet Multani M.D. has joined St. Vincent Medical Group - Pendleton’s Skin Spa, in its office adjacent to Marsh Supermarket, at 3041 U.S. 36. Multani is a board-certified physician, focusing in adult medicine and taking a special interest in treating chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
She earned her medical degree from The Medical College in Amritsar, India, and completed her residency at St. John Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit. She joins Doctors Valerie Beard and George Agapios at the Pendleton office, which specializes in skin evaluations and treatment recommendations. It provides services such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, Botox and Juvederm.
George opens business in Muncie
MUNCIE — David George, a 12-year local commercial insurance agent has opened a new business, George Insurance Group at 2901 N. Oakwood, Muncie.
In 2008, George received the “Young Agent of The Year” in the State of Indiana. He has spent his entire career locally working with clients serving their commercial insurance needs. George is a 1992 graduate of Ball State University.
Haynes affiliated with cfd Accounting
ANDERSON — Chris Haynes, PC, an Anderson-based tax, accounting and business valuation firm, has announced its affiliation with cfd Accounting, a firm with offices in Fishers, Kokomo and Marion.
cfd Accounting provides personalized financial guidance to individual and business clients. cfd Accounting’s expertise ranges from tax management and accounting services to financial statement preparation.
Roosa named general manager
- Local Business
Weather halts tractor repairs
Lawn machine and tractor repair shops could see a major influx of tractors as farmers get ready for spring in the coming weeks. "We've had a backup of tractor repairs," said Todd Sink, a worker at Bendle Lawn Equipment Service & Sales. "With this weather, people haven't been able to get their tractors out of the barn."
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Time to reconsider your hatred for inflation? True enough, inflation raises the price of goods and services, but that in itself does not make inflation all bad.
Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’
Moments after being named Madison County’s Small Business of the Year, Christy Kirk was posting the announcement on her company’s Facebook page. The Madison County Chamber announced Modern Trailer Sales as the winner during its Annual Awards Gala on Thursday at the Madison Park Church of God in Anderson.
Madison County Chamber Annual Awards Gala
VIDEO: Highlights from the chamber's annual awards dinner honoring businesses making a difference in Madison County.
Anderson will fight Lapel appeal
City Attorney Ashley Hopper said that Anderson will continue to fight Lapel on its annexation plan. Lapel made a super-voluntary strip annexation last summer that Anderson sued over, claiming the annexation was illegal and hampered any potential future growth for Anderson.
- Shelbyville casino renamed A sister-property to the Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, owned by Centaur Gaming, is getting a new name.
- Child left sleeping on parked ACS school bus last month was a kindergartner New details emerged Thursday about a child left unattended on a school last month after falling asleep on the way home from classes at Tenth Street Elementary School.
- Ivy Tech names new Anderson president James Willey has been named president of the new Anderson campus, Ivy Tech Community College announced Thursday.
- Susan Miller: Here's to boomer power Perhaps you’ve heard that 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ arrival in America. While the Fab Four’s appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" was a pop culture milestone, there’s another significant half-century observance affecting millions of people this year. The “babies” of the baby boomer generation are turning 50.
- Lapel to appeal court ruling on annexation An attorney for the town of Lapel says he will file an appeal of a judge's ruling against an annexation on Thursday
- More Local Business Headlines
- Weather halts tractor repairs