Roosa named general manager
ANDERSON — Braun Roosa has been named general manager of Mounds Mall of Anderson effective Jan. 1.
Roosa who replaces Ann Boyd as general manager, has served as assistant general manager/marketing director since 2004. He will continue to oversee community relations and marketing as well as taking over the day-to-day operations of the mall.
“I look forward to this new opportunity to serve the mall tenants as their mall manager as well as to continue to serve the community with mall events and public relations like I have been fortunate to do for the last eight years,’’ said Roosa.
Women’s health coordinator named
ANDERSON — Janet Lavelle McIntyre has been named women’s health care coordinator at St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital’s Birthing Center. McIntyre attended Madison Heights High School and earned her bachelor’s degree in social work from Indiana State University.
In her new role, she assists new and expecting parents by connecting them with prenatal care, scheduling appointments, planning birthday parties for newborns and facilitating classes, including one dedicated to expecting teen mothers. McIntyre may be reached at 646-8288.
Multani joins medical group
PENDLETON — Manpreet Multani M.D. has joined St. Vincent Medical Group - Pendleton’s Skin Spa, in its office adjacent to Marsh Supermarket, at 3041 U.S. 36. Multani is a board-certified physician, focusing in adult medicine and taking a special interest in treating chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
She earned her medical degree from The Medical College in Amritsar, India, and completed her residency at St. John Hospital and Medical Center in Detroit. She joins Doctors Valerie Beard and George Agapios at the Pendleton office, which specializes in skin evaluations and treatment recommendations. It provides services such as chemical peels, microdermabrasion, Botox and Juvederm.
George opens business in Muncie
MUNCIE — David George, a 12-year local commercial insurance agent has opened a new business, George Insurance Group at 2901 N. Oakwood, Muncie.
In 2008, George received the “Young Agent of The Year” in the State of Indiana. He has spent his entire career locally working with clients serving their commercial insurance needs. George is a 1992 graduate of Ball State University.
Haynes affiliated with cfd Accounting
ANDERSON — Chris Haynes, PC, an Anderson-based tax, accounting and business valuation firm, has announced its affiliation with cfd Accounting, a firm with offices in Fishers, Kokomo and Marion.
cfd Accounting provides personalized financial guidance to individual and business clients. cfd Accounting’s expertise ranges from tax management and accounting services to financial statement preparation.
Roosa named general manager
- Local Business
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Save wisely We do many things correctly as Americans. We also do some things very poorly as I suspect all nations do. One thing that really frustrates me is the number of families that save dollars for the future without understanding the implications of the decision.
Anderson's Winterfest kicks off weekend festivities
Madison County residents have plenty of opportunities to get in the holiday spirit this weekend with activities in downtown Anderson, at East Side Church of God and in Lapel.
Dental clinic owner faces state hearing
The owner of an Anderson dental clinic faces a cease and desist order today in a hearing with the Indiana State Board of Dentistry in Indianapolis.
- Live gaming not on 2014 docket in Indiana Indiana casinos hoping for more legislative help for the industry struggling with dropping revenue may have to wait until 2015 to see any new bills.
AU receives $1 million from Lilly Endowment to improve employment opportunities for graduates
The opportunity for Anderson University graduates to find meaningful employment will get a boost from a $1 million grant from Lilly Endowment Inc., the university announced Thursday.
- Christmas Gift & Craft Show at mall this weekend The Mounds Mall will be filled with holiday magic this weekend as 95 vendors fill the open spaces and offer a vast array of holiday crafts, baked goods, personal and home products of every kind, and items perfect for Christmas gift giving.
- Henderson retiring from Pendleton Town Council For the last 13 years Don Henderson has served as Pendleton Town Council president, but the council meeting tonight will be the last.
- Local businesses and residents experience water outage An upgrade to a fire protection system on Wednesday resulted in the loss of water for residents and forced several businesses to temporarily close.
- Susan Miller: How easily do you do business? Generally speaking, I prefer to keep business and government as separate as possible.
- RACER Trust meets in Anderson The RACER Trust met with Anderson community members in a private meeting Wednesday to discuss marketing strategies for the former General Motors properties in the city.
- More Local Business Headlines