Firm recognized as a top work place
INDIANAPOLIS — Celadon Group Inc. announced that it was named to “The Indianapolis Star Top Workplaces” list of the best places to work in Central Indiana. Well over 100 companies participated in the program and Celadon earned the 13 the rank in the large business category for the Top Workplaces Award.
Celadon Group currently employs over 450 people in Central Indiana and is looking to hire around 500 more by 2022. They currently have numerous job openings in Central Indiana, including Customer Relationship Analyst, Local and Dedicated Coordinator, Management Trainee, Load Planner, Contract Analyst and drivers. Celadon Group Inc. ( www.celadongroup.com ), through its subsidiaries, provides long-haul and regional, full-truckload freight service across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Ivy Tech to host ServSafe class
MUNCIE — Ivy Tech Corporate College will host a ServSafe class and certification exam on Friday, May 3, at the Cowan Road campus, 4301 S. Cowan Road, Muncie.
The ServSafe class and certification exam will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and cost $159. Those interested in taking the certification exam without the class can do so from 2 to 5 p.m. for $60. The registration deadline is Friday, April 23. To register, contact Libby Petro at 289-2291, ext. 1309 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ServSafe program is the restaurant and food service industry’s leading food safety training. The course is designed to assist employees in the food service industry with the knowledge needed to successfully pass the ServSafe certification exam.
Topics covered are providing safe food, contamination, food allergies, food borne illness, safe food handling, purchasing and receiving safe food, keeping food safe in storage, protecting food in preparation and serving, sanitary facilities and equipment, and sanitation regulations.
Customers can talk to Vectren online
INDIANAPOLIS — In addition to traditional customer service methods of phone and email, Vectren customers can now communicate with the company via live online chat at a computer or tablet or via Twitter from a computer, tablet or smartphone. Online chat allows a customer to chat directly with a customer service specialist between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. EDT.
To access online chat, visit the Contact Us section on www.vectren.com. To use Vectren’s customer service Twitter option, simply choose to follow @VectrenIndiana from any Twitter account.
Firm recognized as a top work place
- Local Business
- Weather halts tractor repairs Lawn machine and tractor repair shops could see a major influx of tractors as farmers get ready for spring in the coming weeks.
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Time to reconsider your hatred for inflation? True enough, inflation raises the price of goods and services, but that in itself does not make inflation all bad.
Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’
Moments after being named Madison County’s Small Business of the Year, Christy Kirk was posting the announcement on her company’s Facebook page. The Madison County Chamber announced Modern Trailer Sales as the winner during its Annual Awards Gala on Thursday at the Madison Park Church of God in Anderson.
Madison County Chamber Annual Awards Gala
VIDEO: Highlights from the chamber's annual awards dinner honoring businesses making a difference in Madison County.
Anderson will fight Lapel appeal
City Attorney Ashley Hopper said that Anderson will continue to fight Lapel on its annexation plan. Lapel made a super-voluntary strip annexation last summer that Anderson sued over, claiming the annexation was illegal and hampered any potential future growth for Anderson.
- Shelbyville casino renamed A sister-property to the Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, owned by Centaur Gaming, is getting a new name.
- Child left sleeping on parked ACS school bus last month was a kindergartner New details emerged Thursday about a child left unattended on a school last month after falling asleep on the way home from classes at Tenth Street Elementary School.
- Ivy Tech names new Anderson president James Willey has been named president of the new Anderson campus, Ivy Tech Community College announced Thursday.
- Susan Miller: Here's to boomer power Perhaps you’ve heard that 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ arrival in America. While the Fab Four’s appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" was a pop culture milestone, there’s another significant half-century observance affecting millions of people this year. The “babies” of the baby boomer generation are turning 50.
- Lapel to appeal court ruling on annexation An attorney for the town of Lapel says he will file an appeal of a judge's ruling against an annexation on Thursday
- More Local Business Headlines