Zentz receives Alzheimer’s award
ANDERSON — Sandy Zentz, who is retiring from Community Hospital Anderson this month, recently received a lifetime recognition award from the Alzheimer’s Association. Only two other people in Indiana have received this award.
Zentz was touched by Alzheimer’s when her father was diagnosed with it and eventually passed away. She saw a need in Madison County for special care for these patients and their families. While working as a nurse in the former Extended Care department 16 years ago, Zentz started Community Anderson’s Alzheimer’s support group. Soon after this group began, the hospital recognized the need for further care for Alzheimer’s patients and opened Monticello House.
Ballard named service coordinator
MUNCIE — Amy Ballard will assume a new position as service coordinator for the Bridges of Indiana Muncie office, serving Muncie, Delaware County and the surrounding nine counties.
Ballard has more than 15 years of experience working in social services. She earned her bachelor’s degree in social work from Indiana University East in Richmond.
She plans to become a licensed social worker and prepare for graduate school for a master’s in social work. Ballard and her family reside in Losantville.
Collins named director at Bridges
MUNCIE — Randall Collins, formerly of Fairmount, has assumed his new position as director of the Muncie office of Bridges of Indiana, serving Muncie-Delaware County and the surrounding nine counties.
Collins has nearly 20 years of experience working in social services and management. He earned his bachelor of science degree in sociology, psychology and athletic training and a master’s of science in management from Indiana Wesleyan University. He plans to complete his doctorate in organizational leadership at Indiana Wesleyan University.
Collins lives in Marion.
Zentz receives Alzheimer’s award
- Local Business
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Save wisely We do many things correctly as Americans. We also do some things very poorly as I suspect all nations do. One thing that really frustrates me is the number of families that save dollars for the future without understanding the implications of the decision.
Anderson's Winterfest kicks off weekend festivities
Madison County residents have plenty of opportunities to get in the holiday spirit this weekend with activities in downtown Anderson, at East Side Church of God and in Lapel.
Dental clinic owner faces state hearing
The owner of an Anderson dental clinic faces a cease and desist order today in a hearing with the Indiana State Board of Dentistry in Indianapolis.
- Live gaming not on 2014 docket in Indiana Indiana casinos hoping for more legislative help for the industry struggling with dropping revenue may have to wait until 2015 to see any new bills.
AU receives $1 million from Lilly Endowment to improve employment opportunities for graduates
The opportunity for Anderson University graduates to find meaningful employment will get a boost from a $1 million grant from Lilly Endowment Inc., the university announced Thursday.
- Christmas Gift & Craft Show at mall this weekend The Mounds Mall will be filled with holiday magic this weekend as 95 vendors fill the open spaces and offer a vast array of holiday crafts, baked goods, personal and home products of every kind, and items perfect for Christmas gift giving.
- Henderson retiring from Pendleton Town Council For the last 13 years Don Henderson has served as Pendleton Town Council president, but the council meeting tonight will be the last.
- Local businesses and residents experience water outage An upgrade to a fire protection system on Wednesday resulted in the loss of water for residents and forced several businesses to temporarily close.
- Susan Miller: How easily do you do business? Generally speaking, I prefer to keep business and government as separate as possible.
- RACER Trust meets in Anderson The RACER Trust met with Anderson community members in a private meeting Wednesday to discuss marketing strategies for the former General Motors properties in the city.
- More Local Business Headlines