Fields earns certification
ANDERSON — Sharon Fields, who directs the St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital case management department, has earned her certification from the Commission for Case Management. Fields, of Middletown, has worked for the hospital for 24 years, starting in the emergency center soon after she graduated with her bachelor of science in nursing. She was promoted to director of Case Management in 2008.
Healthcare consortium choses president
INDIANAPOLIS — The Accountable Care Consortium has chosen Elizabeth Simpkin as its president. The ACC, which was formed by Community Health Network, St. Vincent Health and six hospitals within the Suburban Health Organization last fall, has charged Simpkin with choosing the consortium’s direction and implementing initiatives toward achieving its goals of improving patient care quality, while simultaneously lowering the cost of healthcare delivery.
Simpkin had previously led led the consulting practice for Valence Health in Chicago. She attended Arizona State University’s W.P. Carey School of Business, where she earned her master’s degree in economics with an emphasis in healthcare.
“I am both impressed and excited by the genuine commitment of the administrative and clinical leadership of these organizations to collaborate,” said Simpkin, who stepped into her new role Feb. 25. “Their focus on bringing a new product to the market that will both reduce costs and increase the quality of care delivered in Central Indiana is truly unique.”
Bob and Tom mark 30 years
INDIANAPOLIS — Radio broadcasters Tom Griswold and Bob Kevoian marked 30 years of co-hosting The Bob and Tom Show last week. Started in Indianapolis in 1983, the show is now heard on more than 150 stations nationwide.
Griswold told Inside Indiana Business he thought the show’s success was due to “unbelievably lucky timing” and good on-air chemistry.
In its 30-year tenure, the show has raised millions of dollars for charity through more than 60 album releases. It’s also spawned televised specials, such as the Canadian Mist Bob and Tom Comedy All-Stars comedy tour, and the co-hosts have also produced television specials for Comedy Central.
Fields earns certification
- Local Business
Auction teaches in business, farming
After 10 years of 4-H, saying goodbye to his animals has become a simple matter for McKennon Heald. But he said he wouldn't be surprised to see some tears from some of the younger participants. He's been there.
- Anderson, Alexandria and Elwood receive grants to tear down abandoned houses Three Madison County cities — Anderson, Alexandria and Elwood — received state grants that will be used to tear down abandoned, dilapidated houses.
- Pagano breakfast sold out A breakfast with Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano is sold out, organizers said Wednesday.
- Cellular Connection to host backpack giveaway Residents in Anderson will benefit from a national backpack giveaway campaign on Aug. 2.
- Travel restrictions on Interstate 69 this weekend During at least the next eight weekends, travel north of Anderson on Interstate 69 will be restricted as damaged concrete is repaired.
- Senior housing request continued A request for final plat approval for a senior housing development on property near Madison Park Church of God was continued Tuesday. The Anderson Plan Commission could not consider the request because of a lack of a quorum to conduct business.
- Street Department purchases 2 pickup trucks The Anderson Street Department received approval to buy two Dodge Ram pickup trucks on Tuesday.
Staying strong during adversity
When doctors told Judy Best she had cancer she was shocked, but she never lost hope.
Scholarship recipients relish parade acknowledgement
Taylor Jennings and Shelby Farmer took their last stroll around their hometown Sunday. At least, their last before starting college in the fall.
- Senior housing sought for Madison Park A senior housing development proposed almost six months ago for the Madison Park Church of God property is now moving forward.
- More Local Business Headlines
- Auction teaches in business, farming