Channel 8 receives 17 awards
INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana Associated Press Broadcasters Association has honored WISH-TV, naming 24-Hour News 8 Indiana’s Outstanding News Operation, Best Newscast, and WISHTV.com as Best Website. WISH-TV received a total of 17 awards this year, more than any other local station in Indiana.
In addition to Outstanding News Operation, Best Newscast, and Best Website; other top honors included Best Investigative Report, Best Spot News Reporting, Best Continuous Coverage, Best Enterprise Story, Best Feature, Best Producer, and Best Community Impact for “Bully Project.” 24-Hour News 8 won a total of 17 AP awards in 14 different categories.
The Associated Press Broadcasters Association awards will be presented at the IAPBA Spring Meeting and Awards Banquet held on Saturday, April 13, at the Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel.
Community Day event raises $4.8M
MILWAUKEE — The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., which operates Bon-Ton, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s and Younkers stores, has announced its Community Days fundraising effort raised approximately $4.8 million.
The semi-annual Community Day event, which took place on March 1 and March 2, raised money for important projects and causes in the stores’ local communities. Mounds Mall, Anderson, is home to Carson’s.
Thousands of 501(c)-3 nonprofit organizations and schools signed up to sell $5 savings booklets, which contained over $400 in savings both in-store and online. In return for their donation to the organization, customers received a $10 coupon and multiple discounts to be used on Community Day. One hundred percent of the $5 booklet donation is retained by the participating organizations.
The Bon-Ton Stores have raised over $100 million for local non-profit groups since Community Days began in 1999.
Channel 8 receives 17 awards
- Local Business
- Love and basketball: Indians sort Christmas toys for needy families After a tough loss in Fort Wayne the night before, the Anderson High School boys basketball team helped make Christmas a reality for needy children in Madison County on Sunday.
- Funding provided for Eisenhower Bridge study A contract has been awarded by the Madison County Council of Governments for the proposed replacement of the Eisenhower Bridge in downtown Anderson over the White River.
- Red Gold raises more than $10,000 for food bank Red Gold’s second annual Run to Crush Hunger, held Oct. 12 in Elwood, raised more than $10,000 to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank.
- THB wins 2 firsts, 9 awards in HSPA contest The Herald Bulletin received nine awards, including two first places, Saturday at the Hoosier State Press Association's annual awards luncheon.
- United Way working to meet basic needs of residents While one major goal of the United Way of Madison County is to prevent families from falling into crisis, another is to meet the basic needs of individuals who are already experiencing hard times.
Hospital cuts create uncertain future for nurses
Nurses and those preparing to enter the profession are being forced increasingly to shift their job focus as hospitals slash positions amid declining admissions and revenue.
Federal complaint unsealed against health center
A doctor formerly employed at the Madison County Community Health Center is alleging that some of the center’s doctors improperly prescribed medication as a way to receive federal and state funding.
- Revitalization efforts increase business for local shopping center Jeff Roberts was born and raised in the city, which is why he says he is so passionate about its growth and business development.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Save wisely We do many things correctly as Americans. We also do some things very poorly as I suspect all nations do. One thing that really frustrates me is the number of families that save dollars for the future without understanding the implications of the decision.
- More Local Business Headlines