Hoosier Park’s Kase attends Wisconsin event
ANDERSON — Mike Kase of Anderson, and Hoosier Park Racing & Casino’s lead sales representative, attended the “Boomers in Groups” BiG Weekend Conference in Milwaukee, Wis., on Sept. 28-30.
Kase, along with four other group travel professionals, gave presentations highlighting their companies or locations for group and tourism travel. Kase and each of the other presenters received awards for their presentations.
McHerron accepting new patients
INDIANAPOLIS — Community Physician Network, the integrated physician practice of Community Health Network, has announced that Dr. Tony McHerron, pediatrician, is currently accepting patients at his office in Anderson.
McHerron completed his medical degree at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minn., and his residency in pediatrics at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.
His office is at 1210A Medical Arts Boulevard, Suite 206, Anderson.
For more information, call 298-4520.
Bray promoted to WISH news director
INDIANAPOLIS — Steve Bray of WISH TV, Indianapolis, has been promoted to news director of WISH-TV’s 24-Hour News 8.
Bray joined the WISH-TV team in January 1995. He was promoted to chief meteorologist in August 1999, and named news operations manager in April 2009.
The Herald Bulletin and WISH-TV are news gathering partners.
Rockhill joins board of directors
YORKTOWN — Lois Rockhill, former executive director of Second Harvest in Muncie, has joined the board of directors of LifeStream Services. LifeStream is the Aging and Disability Resource Center for East Central Indiana.
In addition, three area residents have joined LifeStream’s Advisory Council.
New council members elected this fall are: Christy Tompkins, administrator, Heritage House, New Castle; Ashley Hopper, deputy director, City of Anderson Economic Development; and Bob Gentry, chairman of the Park Advisory Board for Union City.
Water Pollution Control earns award
ANDERSON — The Water Pollution Control Department has once again been named the recipient of the Laboratory Excellence Award during the 76th Annual conference held Nov. 14-16 at the Westin Hotel in downtown Indianapolis.
Amy Wilson, laboratory supervisor, said the City of Anderson has received the award for 19 years.
Business People runs Sundays. Submit articles by Wednesdays to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoosier Park’s Kase attends Wisconsin event
- Local Business
Weather halts tractor repairs
Lawn machine and tractor repair shops could see a major influx of tractors as farmers get ready for spring in the coming weeks. "We've had a backup of tractor repairs," said Todd Sink, a worker at Bendle Lawn Equipment Service & Sales. "With this weather, people haven't been able to get their tractors out of the barn."
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Time to reconsider your hatred for inflation? True enough, inflation raises the price of goods and services, but that in itself does not make inflation all bad.
Modern Trailer Sales named 'Small Business of the Year’
Moments after being named Madison County’s Small Business of the Year, Christy Kirk was posting the announcement on her company’s Facebook page. The Madison County Chamber announced Modern Trailer Sales as the winner during its Annual Awards Gala on Thursday at the Madison Park Church of God in Anderson.
Madison County Chamber Annual Awards Gala
VIDEO: Highlights from the chamber's annual awards dinner honoring businesses making a difference in Madison County.
Anderson will fight Lapel appeal
City Attorney Ashley Hopper said that Anderson will continue to fight Lapel on its annexation plan. Lapel made a super-voluntary strip annexation last summer that Anderson sued over, claiming the annexation was illegal and hampered any potential future growth for Anderson.
- Shelbyville casino renamed A sister-property to the Hoosier Park Racing & Casino, owned by Centaur Gaming, is getting a new name.
- Child left sleeping on parked ACS school bus last month was a kindergartner New details emerged Thursday about a child left unattended on a school last month after falling asleep on the way home from classes at Tenth Street Elementary School.
- Ivy Tech names new Anderson president James Willey has been named president of the new Anderson campus, Ivy Tech Community College announced Thursday.
- Susan Miller: Here's to boomer power Perhaps you’ve heard that 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ arrival in America. While the Fab Four’s appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" was a pop culture milestone, there’s another significant half-century observance affecting millions of people this year. The “babies” of the baby boomer generation are turning 50.
- Lapel to appeal court ruling on annexation An attorney for the town of Lapel says he will file an appeal of a judge's ruling against an annexation on Thursday
- More Local Business Headlines
- Weather halts tractor repairs