- Local Business
- Big Lots plans to relocate next to Hobby Lobby Within months of a new discount store specializing in closeout merchandise opened in River Ridge Plaza, a neighboring discount store has decided to move.
- South Madison towns disagree over benefits, pitfalls of annexation Town council members of neighboring municipalities wished each other good luck in their future plans to annex key parcels of land near the Hamilton County border.
City launches cable television channel in cooperation with Anderson schools
Television equipment once used in classes at The Ebbertt Education Center is serving as the foundation for the City of Anderson's new local cable channel.
- Phase-in of water rate hike approved Reluctantly the Anderson Board of Public Works adopted a resolution to phase-in a needed increase in the water rates over the next two years.
Anderson mayor traveling to Israel
Anderson Mayor Kevin Smith is traveling to Israel this week on a six-day economic development mission. Smith and Greg Winkler, director of the city’s Economic Development Department, are leaving on Thursday to meet with the management team at Keter Group and Taditel, both of which have a presence in Anderson.
- Accident hospitalizes Madison County Chamber of Commerce president A week after a sledding accident sent him to the hospital, Kyle Morey is at home and recovering.
Mass transit moves on to Indiana House
The Mass Transit bill, which could bring an extensive mass transit system to Madison County and other nearby counties, passed out of the House Ways and Means Committee onTuesday with a 17-1 vote.
- Eastside Elementary teachers receive classroom supply packs Ten Eastside Elementary School teachers received school supply packs from The Cellular Connection on Sunday.
- United Way to host annual meeting March 18 United Way of Madison County will host its annual meeting and awards celebration on Tuesday, March 18.
Vote delayed on mass transit bill
A mass transit bill, which could lead to a tax increase in Madison County, will be considered today in the Indiana House Ways and Means Committee.
- More Local Business Headlines