- College Sports
NLRB ruling: Northwestern players can unionize
A federal agency ruled Wednesday that football players at Northwestern University can create the country’s first union of college athletes.
NCAA upsets crush perfect bracket hopes
A second day of upsets ended any chance of someone having a perfect NCAA tournament bracket in Warren Buffet's $1 billion challenge. It was a favorite that provided the first blemish on the final three people's brackets in the Quicken Loans contest on the Yahoo Sports website.
- Read before jumping into the deep end of NCAA pool Welcome to BracketRacket. Think of it as one-stop shopping on game days for all your NCAA tournament needs. We'll have interviews with celebrity alums drawn from sports, entertainment and politics, plus occasional "bracket-buster" picks, photos, news, gossip, stats, notes and quotes from around the tourney sites — all of it bundled into a quick read that gives diehard fans and office-poolers alike something to sound smart about.
- AU baseball continues spring success The Anderson University baseball team defeated Rutgers-Camden 7-2 on Monday in Auburndale, Fla.
Odds of a perfect bracket
VIDEO: Warren Buffett is insuring a Quicken Loans promotional contest that will award $1 billion to anyone who can correctly guess the winners of every game of the NCAA men's basketball championship tournament. How long are the odds of doing it? Here is a list of things more likely to happen.
Indiana looks toward next season after missing NIT
Indiana coach Tom Crean would prefer to keep playing. Instead, he's already looking toward next season.
Michigan women rout Indiana at Big Ten tourney
Cyesha Goree scored 18 points, grabbed 11 rebounds and had five assists as the seventh-seeded Michigan (18-12) women rolled past No. 10 seed Indiana (18-11), 82-57, in the opening round of the Big Ten tournament on Thursday.
Five memorable college hoops tourney buzzer beaters
VIDEO: It's March, which means the NCAA Tournament is just around the corner. But before March Madness takes hold, the conference tournaments, which get under way this week, often provide their own share of exciting finishes. Here are five memorable buzzer beaters from conference tournament play.
- AU men's team closes season with a win The Anderson University men's basketball team defeated Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference foe Earlham College 74-73 on Saturday at O.C. Lewis Gymnasium on Senior Day.
Falling metal forces Indiana to postpone Iowa game
The roof literally caved in on Indiana.
- More College Sports Headlines
- NLRB ruling: Northwestern players can unionize