- College Sports
- Rolling Ravens keep heat on Manchester The sun shone brightly and the stands were packed Saturday at Don Brandon Field as the Anderson University baseball team hosted a doubleheader against Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference rival Hanover. A night after knocking off the Panthers 12-7 in the opener of the three-game set, the Ravens swept Hanover 12-3 and 6-1 to hold on to second place in the conference and keep pressure on Manchester for the lead.
Historic day as Northwestern players decide union
In a historic vote, Northwestern University football players cast secret ballots Friday on whether to form the nation's first union for college athletes — a decision that could change the landscape of American amateur sports.
- Heberling lifts Ravens to crucial win Cole Heberling's 11th-inning hit landed in right field for an RBI-single Tuesday, and the Anderson University baseball team moved into sole possession of second place in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference with a 6-5 victory against Rose-Hulman.
Fired coach unjustly accused of visiting porn sites
The president of Minnesota State University-Mankato accused a football coach of looking at Internet porn on a work computer before firing him, an arbitrator has revealed. The official said the claim could not be supported, and the coach shouldn't have been fired.
- Longtime Indiana basketball coach Waltman dies at 72 Royce Waltman, an assistant to Bob Knight at Indiana and a longtime basketball coach around the Hoosier state, died Monday night after battling a long illness. He was 72.
Connecticut wins NCAA title
Shabazz Napier turned in another all-court masterpiece Monday night to lift the Huskies to a 60-54 win over Kentucky's freshmen and a national title hardly anyone saw coming.
Near tragedy creates emotional moments at Indiana
Without Ty Smith, Nick Stoner and Mitch McCune, Isaac Griffith probably wouldn't have been in the Hoosiers' team room on a crisp, blustery spring afternoon, explaining how grateful he is for a second chance at life.
Ravens baseball team eyes progression
Four years ago the Anderson University baseball team had claimed its eighth Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference regular season title in 25 years — just its second in 13 years.
- Ravens falter late in baseball loss The Anderson University Ravens failed to capitalize on their chance to put some separation between themselves and Manchester University in the standings of the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tuesday night.
- AU sets sights on another conference title A year after making a historic run to the school’s first appearance in the NCAA Division III National Championship, the Anderson University Lady Ravens are ready to take that next step.
- More College Sports Headlines