- College Sports
Jameis Winston wins Heisman Trophy
The Florida State quarterback became the second straight freshman to win the Heisman on Saturday night, earning college football's most prestigious individual award with a performance so spectacular and dominant that even a criminal investigation couldn't derail his candidacy.
Ball State to face Arkansas State in GoDaddy Bowl
Arkansas State will face Ball State in the GoDaddy Bowl.
Michigan State shocks Ohio State in Big Ten title game
The No. 10 Spartans regained the lead on Connor Cook's 9-yard touchdown pass to Josiah Price with 11:41 left and upset No. 2 Ohio State 34-24 to take the Big Ten title and put Auburn back in the national title hunt.
Report: Notre Dame headed to Pinstripe Bowl
Notre Dame plans to accept a bid to the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Friday.
- Ravens fall at Trine The Anderson University men's basketball team lost to Trine University 71-48 on Monday night.
Dunham filling new niche at Butler
Shortly after a Madison County boys basketball game during Kellen Dunham's freshman season, a noteworthy former county star marveled at the young shooter's potential once his frame filled out.
Now a sophomore at Butler, Dunham is listed at 6-foot-6 and 185 pounds on the men's basketball team's official roster. And the difference in his size from his days at Pendleton Heights is especially apparent in his upper body.
- Defense saves the day for Butler The Butler Way never wavers. Trailing by 11 early in the second half Saturday at Worthen Arena, the Bulldogs (4-0) used their defense to get back into the game and rally for a 59-58 victory against in-state rival Ball State (2-2).
- Rebuilding Ravens show promise in opening loss Rebuilding years for a college program often involve many ups and downs. The Anderson University women’s basketball team experienced both Saturday during the season opener at O.C. Lewis Gymnasium as the Ravens fell to the Lindenwood Lynx 85-75
- Mike Lopresti: Time running out to impress computers The top three teams in the BCS standings — Alabama, Florida State and Ohio State — don't have byes this Saturday, but maybe the next best thing. In other words, home games with Chattanooga, Idaho and Indiana. Good appetite, guys. But then again, one wrong twitch can be fatal now, since we're slicing logarithms.
- Calvin holds off Ravens 72-58 ANDERSON -- In a game that was really a tale of two halves, Calvin College kept Anderson University at arm's length for a 72-58 triumph here Tuesday night. The Knights defeated AU 98-56 a year ago. "That was just a wasted game for us last season," s
- More College Sports Headlines
- Jameis Winston wins Heisman Trophy