- Maureen Hayden: Prosecutors advocate was mild-mannered man of steel When Steve Johnson, longtime advocate for Indiana’s county prosecutors, died unexpectedly last week at the age of 66, I tweeted that the Statehouse had lost “a quiet voice in a place of bombast.”
- Charo Boyd: Little changes make a big difference in serving you A new year is a time for change. People across the world make resolutions and set goals to better themselves and the world around them.
- Scott Underwood: Spelling bee takes THB team effort Regardless of whether you attended The Herald Bulletin's regional spelling bee Wednesday evening in the Anderson City Building auditorium, I hope you enjoyed our coverage of it.
- Ken de la Bastide: Control of GOP at stake in public primary battle Russ Willis and Mike Gaskill have been trading jabs for the past few months and recently it has escalated to the point where every incumbent officeholder in the courthouse except one is being challenged for the party’s nomination in the primary election.
- Howard Hewitt: Wine and food pairings As you really get into wine and start referring to yourself as a "foodie," simplistic advice just won't work.
- Jim Bailey: Memories from seventh grade stick in columnist’s mind Adjusting to junior high was a trying time for most of us. Maybe that’s why memories come flooding back so easily.
- Maleah Stringer: Don't ignore this face of animal abuse We are seeing more and more animal abuse in Madison County. It has always been here; perhaps people are simply stepping up and bringing us these animals. Or it could be a reflection of the heart of our community.
Ted Moss: Preparation key to good home-buying experience
Buying a home can be a time of both excitement and frustration. Planning ahead can make the process much easier. Here are a few considerations as you venture into home ownership.
Don McAllister: Adventures of a 'monuments man'
There are people in life who open doors and lift you through hard times. They disappear for years and are often never seen again, but they still summon a warm smile when they wander through your mind.
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Time to reconsider your hatred for inflation? True enough, inflation raises the price of goods and services, but that in itself does not make inflation all bad.
- More Columns Headlines