- Verna Davis: Be careful with the power of your words Recently, driving home from work, I was thinking about two incidents, one fiction, one real, that both bore out the same truth: Words have power.
- Susan Miller: Here's to boomer power Perhaps you’ve heard that 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the Beatles’ arrival in America. While the Fab Four’s appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" was a pop culture milestone, there’s another significant half-century observance affecting millions of people this year. The “babies” of the baby boomer generation are turning 50.
- Jim Bailey: Experiencing an awesome family connection to a ragamuffin Richard Wayne Mullins was born in Richmond. To his family, he was simply Wayne. The world knew him as Rich Mullins, contemporary Christian singer and songwriter.
Rick Teverbaugh: Baseball bug has hit early and hard
It seems nearly heresy to mention this as the boys basketball sectionals unfold, but the baseball bug has bitten me even harder than normal already this year.
- Primus Mootry: Juror 8 -- perspectives on madness and murder in Florida In November of 2012, four teenaged black boys from Georgia were visiting relatives in Jacksonville, Fla. Laughing and talking as super bass rap music thumped from powerful speakers in their vehicle, the carefree boys stopped at a gas station convenience store to buy chewing gum and cigarettes.
MCHS' goal: Finding forever homes for all animals
This morning when I opened my e-mail I had a message from Andrea Valois of Chicago. In the email was a picture from the Chicago Tribune of a beautiful Schnauzer named Charlie. Her message to me was, “we thank you for all the work you do in finding forever homes for animals.”
- Scott Underwood: Rhymes with Orange,WuMo added to THB comics Several months ago a sales person from a national media syndicate stopped in Anderson to pitch products offered by the company he represents.
- Jesse Wilkerson: Perception versus reality, which is greater? As an architect, I have the opportunity to see a space's potential rather than how it literally appears.
- Ken de la Bastide: Health Center board discussed removing Malone as director The board of directors of the Madison County Community Health Center discussed late last year whether to replace its president and CEO, Anthony J. Malone.
- Dennis Lanane: Triad to discuss hospital readmission rates Madison County Triad will host a meeting at Mounds Mall on March 20 at 10:30 a.m. in the theater area. The topic will be about what is being done to reduce re-admissions to hospitals.
- More Columns Headlines