- Jim Bailey: It’s a rough life when you’re six years old going on adulthood My granddaughter Gracie turns 7 in a couple of months. Two of her mother’s sisters, Becky and Sarah, can forewarn her on what she’ll face when Gracie’s age gets into double digits.
- Kelly Dickey: Ghost hunting leads to more skepticism and a fun story The thought of spirits terrified me as a kid, intrigued me as a teen and added to the various questions I have about life as an adult. But mainly they’ve been entertaining.
Bill Stanczykiewicz: Untreated mental illness among top concerns for Hoosier youth
Terre Haute native Tommy John posted 288 victories as a major league baseball pitcher, but one opponent was too strong to overcome. His son's mental illness, which remains a prevalent challenge for Indiana youth.
Scott Underwood: The end of crosswords cross words
You have spoken loud and clear, and we are listening.
- Maureen Hayden: Want better teacher ratings? Ask the kids The state may be back where it started, encumbered with a flawed teacher grading system, a year after implementing what were meant to be tough new standards.
- Jesse Wilkerson: Perseverance prevails I was playing someone in chess. It's a game I picked up in middle school.
Kelly Hawes: Nation’s schools need shared set of standards
Barack Obama and Mitch Daniels don’t agree on a lot, but they agree on this: The United States needs a common set of academic standards to define what every student ought to know.
- Ken de la Bastide: Local Dems want to change redistricting process There is an old saying that goes "to the victor goes the spoils." In politics the spoils usually involves the drawing of legislative districts for the Indiana General Assembly and the seats in the U.S. House.
- Don McAllister: He was a hero The death of Fred Phelps reminds me that the evil his kook-regation started by protesting veterans' funerals gave rise to one of the best organizations, the Patriot Guard.
- Ted Moss: When house hunting, right location is crucial Location is crucial when buying a home; even your dream home can be a mistake if it is in the wrong location. Here are a few suggestions to find the right location.
- More Columns Headlines