- Howard Hewitt: Chilean wines improving, worth a second look The Chilean wines I’ve tasted in the past year are increasingly of higher quality and interest. The unique and different growing regions could make Chile a real wine star in coming years.
- Maleah Stringer: For the love of animals, Lassie comes home A friend of mine did a good deed for a friend; she took her five-year old Great Pyrenees, Lassie, who her friend could no longer care for and keep in her home. Michelle has several acres with horses and other dogs, so taking this girl on was not a problem. Well, not at first.
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Reading and understanding your individual tax return Tax time is just around the corner. For some of you, refunds are in the mail. But for others, take note — the IRS is waiting to hear from you.
Verna Davis: Sing the praises of God or to annoy your children
Nowadays, I sing less of The Fifth Dimension and more hymns and worship choruses that add spiritual dimension to my life. But every once in a while, the old onery-ness comes rearing its annoying head.
- Jim Bailey: With friends like Fred Phelps, who needed enemies? In an ultimate bit of irony, gay rights advocates are paying tribute to the late Fred Phelps Sr. by crediting him for a major boost in public support. For Christians who regard their religion as one of love, Phelps and his message of hate were the antithesis.
- Primus Mootry: Racial inequality in America: stop the dumb stuff The Annie E. Casey Foundation recently released another one of those reports about the educational and other inequalities that plague America.
- Charo Boyd: Dust off your financial plan Spring is officially here. Before you get started with your spring cleaning, perhaps another matter deserves some dusting off — that long-term financial plan.
- Scott Underwood: Tout videos fun to make, fun to watch We have a new toy here in the newsroom at The Herald Bulletin. It's called Tout, and it enables us to shoot and post short videos quickly and easily on our Twitter feeds and on our website.
- Maureen Hayden: Steuerwald, Turner in tough spots politically Steering lawmakers through a rewrite of the state’s criminal code won House Judiciary Chairman Greg Steuerwald bipartisan accolades this year.
- Dennis Lanane: Triad, APD working together on Senior Link Triad and the Anderson Police Department are trying to get the Senior Link up and running again like it was a few years ago. Many seniors are being neglected and do not know who to turn to for help.
- More Columns Headlines