Rick Teverbaugh: Lions are just fine big picture
There are those who think everything can be found in who wins and who loses. That is small picture thinking. By that yardstick, there is nothing but total defeat to be found in Liberty Christian's loss to Marquette Catholic on Saturday in the Lafayette semistate title game.
- Ken de la Bastide: Politics behind annexation defeat for Anderson With Anderson missing out on the last bite of the apple for access to Interstate 69, the back story on the decision not to annex to exit 219 is fraught with political intrigue.
- Nancy Vaughan: True grit in the heartland Grit may be the new fad in education, but it’s nothing new in the world of social services.
- Howard Hewitt: Get ready to pour at Indiana State Fair Indiana winemakers are anxious to pour their wines at the Indiana State Fair. Hoosier grape growers are ready to stand alongside Indiana’s other agricultural producers.
- Jim Bailey: Pompeii movie fiction, but portrayal all too real Producer-director Paul W.S. Anderson’s movie, “Pompeii,” built a story around the famous plaster casts of two lovers entombed in the ruins of the 79 A.D. eruption of Italy’s Mount Vesuvius. But except for a few details sacrificed for dramatic effect, portrayal of the historic event itself was all too real.
- Maleah Stringer: Volunteer dedication keeps APL moving forward Volunteers help us clean and feed the animals, walk dogs, pet cats, do office work, mow the yards, take animals to events, fund raise, foster animals, transport to rescues, give us much needed money and so much more.
- Tim Lanane: Republican solutions not solutions at all The legislative session reflects priorities. It's a chance for lawmakers from around the state to identify the most pressing issues and hash out a way forward.
- Verna Davis: Embrace the changes, continue the learning process We must gain the wisdom to know that life is going to throw curves at us, even if we end up sitting on most of them.
- 'Big Joe' Clark: How to handle market volatility It’s those periods of time where we become overly content that things change and the market hiccups.
- Guest column: Hoosiers should care about Ukraine Since the Russian occupation of Crimea began last month, Indiana Sen. Dan Coats has been asked the same question by many Hoosiers: What difference does the Ukraine crisis make to us in Indiana?
- More Columns Headlines
- Rick Teverbaugh: Lions are just fine big picture