Jim Bailey: Gaither Vocal Band keeps rolling along with new faces
Bill Gaither himself thought the Gaither Vocal Band was nearing the end about the time the whole Homecoming phenomenon began to blossom. Singers have come and gone since, but the Alexandria-based gospel group keeps reinventing itself.
- Primus Mootry: Observations given on life's treasures, plaza revitalization and March Madness Here are some scattered observations on various matters. As always, readers are free to differ with some of my opinions, at least in some cases. As MSNBC's Al Sharpton says, "you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts."
- Scott Underwood: Sections offer look back at eventful year I hope you enjoy reading the Annual Report sections in today's newspaper. This yearly publication recaps changes and progress in Madison County over the past year.
- Ken de la Bastide: APD investigation dragging on in Richardson case It has been more than two weeks since a special prosecutor decided not to file criminal charges against Anderson Police Department officer William Richardson for pointing a gun at his live-in girlfriend.
- Theresa Timmons: Getting ready for 'the Ball' It was a Saturday in March, the day of the Mayor's Ball. And I was going. Since I am not a ball kind of girl, you might be wondering how that could have possibly happened.
- Jim Bailey: Today’s autos don’t conk out as frequently as they used to Fuel injection, electronic ignition, super-efficient cranking motors (developed right here in Anderson back in the day), on-board computers and incredibly efficient, trouble-free batteries have made the corner full-service gas station a thing of the past.
- Maleah Stringer: Successful animal adoptions provide hope We do not have the same luxury of time with dogs unless they are in a foster home. But still we have dogs who have been with us for quite some time waiting on a home.
- 'Big Joe' Clark: Spring is a time for financial cleaning As we put our winter sweaters away and start spring cleaning, use this opportunity to give yourself a financial checkup. By periodically reviewing our financial lives we can make sure we stay on track for our long-term goals.
- Verna Davis: Are you following the plan God has for you? God has plans for us, but are we doing what He has planned? In the midst of the messes we make, in the middle of our captivity to sin, God is saying, "I know the plans I have for you. I have planned that you will find me when you seek me with everything you have."
- Jim Bailey: Growing up is hard to accept for a teenager’s mother Kids nearing their 15th birthday prefer dates of the sort where they show up at the mall and spend the afternoon at a movie. They can’t drive themselves, of course, so mom or dad must supply the transportation.
- More Columns Headlines
- Jim Bailey: Gaither Vocal Band keeps rolling along with new faces