- Cops, courts and fires
- Arrest Log: Aug. 17 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 16 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Convicted sex offender arrested after allegedly abducting infant A convicted sex offender faces new charges after allegedly violating his parole and attempting to abduct a baby.
Ninth suspect arrested in connection to heroin network
A ninth suspect believed to be involved in a large heroin dealing network was arrested Friday. Charles Jason Beckham, 42, of Pendleton was taken into custody on charges of dealing heroin and, as of Friday night, was being held on a $50,000 full-cash bond.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 15 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Alexandria man arrested for possession of child pornography An Alexandria man faces charges of possession of child pornography and child exploitation after police allegedly found incriminating evidence on his computer.
Local police arrest eight in heroin bust
Last winter, a hot topic in law enforcement locally was how to rid the area of methamphetamine abuse. As spring came along, the discussion shifted to heroin, arguably an even greater problem. Authorities hope they've quelled a significant portion of that blight after a major bust on Wednesday.
- Arrest Log: Aug. 14 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Probation revocation upheld by appellate court An Anderson's man's probation revocation has been upheld by the Indiana Supreme Court.
Pedestrian hit by train near Summitville
A Summitville man was killed Wednesday when he was struck by a train along railroad tracks near his home.
- More Cops, courts and fires Headlines