- Cops, courts and fires
Accident involving van, bicyclist reported on Scatterfield Road
Scatterfield Road was shut down Friday evening between School Street and Hartman Road after an accident involving a minivan and a bicyclist.
Two Anderson men wounded in Richmond
Two Anderson men were among four people shot Thursday night in Richmond by a suspect who then fled in a vehicle. Richmond Police Capt. Jim Branum said Maurice Boatman and Terry Johnson were treated and released at Reid Memorial Hospital for gunshot wounds.
Anderson man injures officers, runs away twice
A man was charged with escaping lawful detention and battery resulting in injury to a police officer Thursday after running away from Anderson Police officers twice.
- Arrest Log: April 12 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Appeals court OKs local ruling ANDERSON -- The Indiana Court of Appeals has agreed with a local judge in a decision that could save communities like Madison County thousands each year. In a 3-0 decision on Wednesday, the court ruled in favor of Madison Circuit Court 6 Judge Dennis
- Arrest Log: April 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Affidavit: SUV in deadly crash was traveling 92 mph, didn’t attempt to stop
An off-duty Edgewood police officer was traveling 92 mph and made no effort to stop or swerve before hitting the rear of another westbound vehicle, causing a fatal crash on Indiana 32 Sunday afternoon, according to data recorded by his vehicle.
- Elwood files response to Nance lawsuit The city of Elwood and Mayor Ron Arnold released a statement denying any of the allegations made by former Parks Superintendent Dan Nance.
- Arrest Log: April 10 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Landlord: No evidence of drug abuse in former home of Edgewood officer The landlord of a former tenant, who is now accused of causing a deadly accident while on painkillers, said there was no indication drugs were being abused by the man leasing the home.
- More Cops, courts and fires Headlines
- Accident involving van, bicyclist reported on Scatterfield Road