- Cops, courts and fires
- Military to restore equipment program for fire departments An agreement has been reached to keep surplus military equipment rolling into rural fire department bays.
- Program's return good news for Frankton After a lot of push-back from rural fire departments, the U.S. Department of Defense decided not to cancel its program of giving used military trucks to small fire departments.
- Arrest Log: July 12 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Thursday and Friday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Police arrest suspect in Speer homicide
Police believe they have the man responsible for terrorizing a family and small community with a brutal and confusing crime. George Arthur Knotts Sr., 68, of Elwood was transferred to the Madison County Jail on Friday, facing preliminary charges of murder, strangulation, criminal confinement and aggravated battery in connection with the homicide of 66-year-old Linda Speer.
Two hurt in three-car accident north of Daleville
Two people were transported to Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie after a three-car accident on I-69.
Elwood police to update homicide investigation
The City of Elwood has announced it will hold a press conference updating the investigation into the death of Linda Speer at 6 p.m. today in front of the Elwood Police Department at 1505 South B Street.
- Arrest Log: July 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Ex-husband of Elwood homicide victim says she was a nice person
The ex-husband of an Elwood woman who was found dead on Tuesday said he hadn't spoken to the woman in years, but he can't imagine why anyone would've wanted her dead. Linda Speer, 66, was found in her home in the 1800 block of North C Street in Elwood by her daughter late Tuesday night.
Kitchen fire at apartment complex; no injuries reported
A pot left on a stove forced the temporary evacuation of residents Wednesday night from the Hoosier Woods apartments.
- Arrest Log: July 10 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- More Cops, courts and fires Headlines