- Cops, courts and fires
- Arrest Log: April 7 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
City investigating 28 copper thefts reported since December
Police are investigating 28 reports of copper or aluminum thefts, mostly from vacant properties, since winter.
Edgewood officer faces felony charges after fatal accident
An Edgewood police officer faces felony charges in connection with a fatal traffic accident between Lapel and Anderson on Sunday afternoon. A man was killed and his pregnant wife was airlifted to a hospital by medical helicopter.
2 hurt when hot-air balloon crashes at Noblesville
Authorities say seven people escaped serious injury when the hot-air balloon carrying them crashed into power lines in central Indiana.
Accident with injuries reported between Lapel and Anderson
Authorities closed Indiana 32 between Lapel and Anderson this afternoon while police and rescue crews attended to a serious accident.
- Officials: Heroin incidents on the rise in county Local officials and drug officers have seen an uptick in heroin-related investigations, and a noticeable increase in deaths believed to be from heroin overdose in the past 18 months.
- Arrest Log: April 6 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
U.S. attorney battles public corruption
U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett has raised his profile by ramping up prosecutions of gang members and corrupt politicians, arguing that both undermine the public’s sense of safety, since he became top federal prosecutor in a district that covers two-thirds of the state.
- Man suspected of store robbery, car theft in custody A man wanted for several alleged crimes, including a robbery, identity deception and stealing a vehicle was in police custody Friday night.
- Drug task force arrests five in separate meth, heroin busts Two men and a woman face heroin sale and possession charges after police broke up a suspected drug deal in a grocery store parking lot Thursday night.
- More Cops, courts and fires Headlines