- Cops, courts and fires
- Arrest Log: April 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Wednesday and Thursday, based on Madison County Jail records.
Affidavit: SUV in deadly crash was traveling 92 mph, didn’t attempt to stop
An off-duty Edgewood police officer was traveling 92 mph and made no effort to stop or swerve before hitting the rear of another westbound vehicle, causing a fatal crash on Indiana 32 Sunday afternoon, according to data recorded by his vehicle.
- Elwood files response to Nance lawsuit The city of Elwood and Mayor Ron Arnold released a statement denying any of the allegations made by former Parks Superintendent Dan Nance.
- Arrest Log: April 10 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Tuesday and Wednesday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Landlord: No evidence of drug abuse in former home of Edgewood officer The landlord of a former tenant, who is now accused of causing a deadly accident while on painkillers, said there was no indication drugs were being abused by the man leasing the home.
Juvenile arrested in connection with school threat
A 13-year-old Pendleton Heights Middle School student has been arrested in connection with a social media message threatening to kill students at the school, Madison County Sheriff Ron Richardson said on Wednesday.
Madison County's 911 service restored
The 911 service for Madison County was restored after being down for more than three hours.
Arrest Log: April 9
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Monday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Prosecutor asks lab to rush blood work on suspended Edgewood officer The Madison County prosecutor has asked the state crime lab to expedite blood testing of an Edgewood police officer suspected of causing a deadly car accident while high on painkillers.
- Teen pleads guilty to sexual assault of elderly woman With a jury selected and attorneys minutes away from opening statements Tuesday, a teen decided to forgo his trial and plead guilty to sexually assaulting a 93-year-old woman last summer.
- More Cops, courts and fires Headlines