- Cops, courts and fires
- New homes found for 632 animals seized in Muncie The director of the Muncie Animal Shelter says it has placed the 632 animals that authorities seized from a storefront.
Triple-L center to house women's work release
County officials intend to open a women’s work release center in the former Triple-L youth center on a temporary basis.The youth center is on the north side of Mounds Road, east of Rangeline Road.
- Arrest log: Aug. 11 Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- County will re-try woman who won murder conviction appeal ANDERSON — Local prosecutors have elected to re-try a 2006 murder case that was appealed, reversed and remanded back to the county this year. Anissa Tyler, who was convicted of the murder of 62-year-old Charles Robinette in 2007, was transported from
Arrest Log: Aug. 10
Arrests made by Madison County law enforcement on Friday and Saturday, based on Madison County Jail records.
- Man's probation violation upheld A Yorktown man whose probation had been revoked had his violation upheld by the Indiana Court of Appeals.
- Judge: Church of God fraud case closed No objections have been filed preventing the closure of a decade-old investment fraud case involving the Church Extension of the Church of God. The deadline for objections to a plan resolving the case was Aug. 4.
- Police: Disabled man beaten, robbed ANDERSON — A married Anderson couple are in custody after allegedly breaking into a disabled man’s home, beating him severely, robbing him and using his debit card to go on a shopping spree.Jacqui Lee Atkinson-Reynolds, 27, and Joshua Demon Reynolds,
Residents of Ind. 37 stretch suggest lower speeds, no-passing zone
The stretch of Ind. 37 near Sheila Morgan’s home seems to be getting increasingly dangerous, she said Thursday.“It’s like a raceway. And anytime there’s a wreck, it’s usually in someone’s front lawn.”
- Three escape injury after SUV hits utility pole in Madison County Three Richmond residents escaped serious injury Thursday when the SUV they were riding in left Indiana 9 and struck a utility pole in northern Madison County.
- More Cops, courts and fires Headlines