- Editorial: This holiday season, help fill up the Empty Stocking Fund In a community with so much suffering, much is required of those who are financially comfortable. And, in Anderson and Madison County, those folks have made a habit of showing their generosity.
Editorial: Give thanks for a good year and good life
Today we give thanks for a good year and life.
- Editorial: Ethanol impact underscores need for study, real answers Powering our homes and driving our automobiles has come at great cost to the environment. The consequences of drilling for oil and natural gas and mining for coal are dire. The emissions from burning these fuels even worse.
- Editorial: Fears over school consolidations can be overcome So many schools districts have been through the often painful process of consolidation. In Madison County, we have witnessed the loss of Highland and Madison Heights high schools due to dwindling enrollment.
You Said It: About the Christmas parade, the homeless and home invasion
Each Monday The Herald Bulletin publishes “You Said It,” a compilation of reader comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled with responses by the newspaper’s editorial board.
- Editorial: State must tackle growing neonatal drug problem Drug addiction is horrible. Users lose their minds, their bodies, their possessions. But the tale of addiction is even more heartrending when the addict is an innocent who never made a decision to try drugs in the first place.
- Editorial: Holy Make A Wish, BatKid! Pint-sized hero wins hearts Some have scoffed at the cost of last week's special wish granted to 5-year-old Miles Scott. But you can’t put a price on a child’s happiness, especially a child who’s known only doctors, hospitals and pain his entire young life.
Editorial: 'What if' still surrounds Kennedy
John F. Kennedy might have been embarking on an amazing presidential journey. But it became a "what if" that still leads to speculation today, and always will for this nation.
- Editorial: Hoosier deer hunters must not underestimate dangers Whenever a sport combines outdoor conditions, tree climbing, loaded firearms and large mammals with antlers, human practitioners face grave danger, as well.
- Editorial: Landfill foes can't be blamed for skepticism about sale You'll have to excuse folks who live in the Killbuck area if they're a little skeptical about reports that the new owner of the proposed Mallard Lake Landfill acreage has no intentions of developing a landfill.
- More Editorials Headlines