- Editorial: 3 leaders deserve superintendent status Three local leaders in school administration are being thanked by their communities with the likelihood of extended contracts. Each is due our own thanks, too, for providing positive leadership.
- Editorial: Yule Golf Course stalemate leaves Alexandria in limbo Golf courses and farm fields are each beautiful in their own way. But overgrown lots certainly don't please the eye or capture the imagination.
- You Said It: About Independence Day parade, the Wigwam and Speer homicide Each Monday, The Herald Bulletin publishes "You Said It," a compilation of readers comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled with responses by the newspaper's editorial board.
Editorial: There's still hope to save the Wigwam
Andersonians who love the Wigwam have been on a roller-coaster ride. But the acknowledgement of the costs of rehabilitating the site is becoming all too evident. There is still hope, of course. And that's turning into the motto of the Wigwam.
- Editorial: Rural fire departments will gain from military about-face The Department of Defense recently announced it was ending its surplus equipment program for local fire departments. Then, thankfully, it did an about-face.
- Editorial: Anderson loves a parade -- at a reasonable hour If you were in downtown Anderson on Thursday night, you could sense the excitement. Thousands of people descended on the downtown for the City of Anderson's Independence Day Parade and fireworks show.
Editorial: More crime means we have to care more
Many times we read about a local problem through a Facebook account or an anonymous response to a question on social media. It isn’t enough that we complain without making sure that police or local officials are aware of the problem.
- Editorial: Indiana should tighten motorized scooter laws Question: What goes on two wheels, has a gasoline engine, travels at speeds of up to (actually, more than) 25 mph and can be driven on streets, roads and highways (but not interstates) in Indiana without a license?
Editorial: Dispatch center questions are valid
At an estimated cost between $9 million and $18 million, the proposed merging of 911 dispatch services in Madison County should be closely scrutinized by local officials.
- You Said It: About a dumped dog, the jobless rate and drug abuse Each Monday, The Herald Bulletin publishes "You Said It," a compilation of readers comments from www.theheraldbulletin.com coupled with responses by the newspaper's editorial board.
- More Editorials Headlines