ANDERSON, Ind. — The first full day of spring brings snow and cold with morning temps in the teens, highs will move into the mid 30s with a mix of sun and clouds. Partly cloudy skies will continue throught the end of the work week. Lows will drop in the 20s and highs will move up slightly in the 40s by Friday. Saturday clouds will increase as a potentially strong winter storm moves through on Sunday and early Monday.
- Local Education
- Three local schools earn '4 Star' status More than 300 Indiana schools have received 4 Star designations, Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz announced Tuesday.
- Final draft of academic standards released The Indiana Department of Education released its final draft of proposed academic standards for Indiana, setting the stage for a new school future after Common Core.
Local partnerships feed school children during weekends
Deanna McNeese says it is hard to listen to children talk about being hungry when school is not in session.
- Highland students, teachers mourn death of classmate Students and staff at Highland Middle School mourned the loss of a new classmate on Monday just two weeks after she enrolled.
- Multiplication tourney sparks interest in math Alexandria teacher creates multiplication tourney to make math fun.
- 'Grace's Magic' to help Second Harvest Ball State graduate Cindee Cox is the author of “Grace’s Magic,” a children’s book geared around helping others and the community in which they live.
- Alexandria library going digital Alexandria-Monroe Public Library using new digital program to make borrowing the latest books and movies easier than ever.
- Daleville students honored Students in grades nine through 12 who have achieved a 3.5 GPA or above were honored at a dessert reception in the Daleville Jr./Sr. High School cafetorium.
- Pendleton school's Spring Carnival set for Friday The community is invited to enjoy family fun at Pendleton Elementary School's Spring Carnival.
- United Way program helps introduce youngsters to kindergarten The roundups have been held at most Madison County schools, now Blast Off to Kindergarten events are underway.
- More Local Education Headlines