- Local Education
- Teen Read 'n' Feed Festival on April 12 The 2014 Anderson Public Library Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival will include a writing contest for teens in grades six through 12 residing in Madison County.
- 'Book Bingo' helps improve reading skills Trinity Bryan joined about 40 other kids and their parents recently for a special program at Alexandria-Monroe Elementary School called "Bingo for Books," held as part of the school system's Title 1 assistance program.
Anderson schools' black teacher pool lags behind black student population
ACS's number of minority teachers and administrators, compared to the minority student population, has been debated — and criticized — by African-American leaders for years.
Amazing voices unite in Anderson
Eloni Fitzpatrick did not hesitate to take the stage and sing at the Gospel Music Workshop of America (GMWA) in Anderson Saturday evening. The workshop, held at the Greater Progressive Temple of Faith, 2026 Hendricks Street, featured several talented musicians in the state, including Fitzpatrick.
- Bill would protect school transportation funds in Indiana Legislators are closing in on a way to help some school districts that stand to lose millions of dollars in transportation funds.
- Academic Accolade: March 2 The following Academic Accolade is published in the Sunday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Offer could extend Wigwam deadline Discussions are continuing on an extension of the deadline to preserve the Wigwam complex through the end of June. A committee established by Anderson Mayor Kevin Smith has voted to support a proposal to preserve the historic complex by Wigwam Sports Entertainment.
City launches cable television channel in cooperation with Anderson schools
Television equipment once used in classes at The Ebbertt Education Center is serving as the foundation for the City of Anderson's new local cable channel.
- Eastside Elementary teachers receive classroom supply packs Ten Eastside Elementary School teachers received school supply packs from The Cellular Connection on Sunday.
- Several area school districts extend school day for students Three area school districts have decided to extend the school day to make up for lost instruction time because of this year's harsh winter.
- More Local Education Headlines