- Local Education
- Miss Indiana Audra Casterline represents Anderson As the audience in the Zionsville High School Performing Arts Center started to scream, Anderson University alumna Audra Casterline slowly realized that she was the new Miss Indiana.
- Beeler, Richardson honored with Destiny Scholarship Awards The LHS 64 Foundation awarded two Destiny Scholarship Awards to two seniors at Lapel High School. The recipients were Lauren Beeler and Mitchell Richardson.
- ACS board names new school administrators The Anderson Community Schools board of trustees this week named a Michigan City educator to lead Anderson High School.
South Madison school board praises Superintendent Buck’s leadership
The only comments at a public hearing Thursday on the proposed new three-year contract for South Madison Community Schools Superintendent Joe Buck were positive, and those came from members of the board of trustees.
- ACS receives state grant to expand innovative technical education programs With notification Thursday that it has received a $239,320 Career and Technical Education (CTE) grant from the state, all the elements are in place to significantly expand technical education opportunities for students attending Anderson Community Schools.
New Anderson schools leader brings optimism
Superintendent Terry Thompson, in an interview with The Herald Bulletin, exudes a rosy outlook, promises to support staff and students.
- Library offers free computer classes in July July computer classes have been announced at Anderson Public Library.
- 2 local schools in running for grants Madison-Grant United School Corp. and South Madison Community School Corp. are in the running for grants of up to $25,000, which will be announced in early August.
- Frankton-Lapel school board approves superintendent raise The Frankton-Lapel Community Schools board of trustees approved an $8,000 raise for Superintendent Bobby Fields on Wednesday.
- BZA approves special exception for school After gaining approval for a special use exception, the Anderson Christian School is hoping to reopen this fall at a location on Broadway.
- More Local Education Headlines