- Local Education
Back to school health alert
This week children are returning to school with bags filled to the brim with school supplies, but local health professionals are cautioning parents about the dangers of heavy backpacks.
- South Madison classes begin today, minus one old school A South Madison Community Schools renovation project begun four years ago, before being stalled by disagreement over whether to renovate or demolish an historic high school, will finally be completed this year.
- Anderson takes fourth at Band Day The Anderson High School marching band has a long history of making the finals at the Indiana State Fair Band Day. Now, the Marching Highlanders are starting to put together a streak of top-five finishes.
- Literacy skills among targets for Anderson school year Classes at Anderson Community Schools will begin on a high note today following the Marching Highlanders' fourth-place finish this weekend at the Indiana High School Marching Band Contest.
Literacy skills among targets as Anderson schools start year
Classes at Anderson Community Schools will begin on a high note today following the Marching Highlanders’ fourth-place finish this weekend at the Indiana High School Marching Band Contest.
- Former Anderson teacher spends three months in Belarus classroom Former Anderson Community Schools teacher Mary Jackson was recruited last fall to spend three months teaching at a school in the Republic of Belarus. It was an offer she couldn't refuse.
- Back-to-School Parade experiences resurgence For the 24th time, Ollie Dixon and community leaders walked the city streets for his annual Back-to-School Parade.
- Marching Highlanders look for another show stopper at Indiana State Fair For the 109-member Marching Highlanders, the past two months have been a blur of mastering intricate marching patterns and music.
- Liberty Christian excited for new school year Both campuses of Liberty Christian School were vibrating with excitement Thursday ahead of today's opening of school.
- Lapel prepares to entertain at Band Day For the Lapel High School Marching Bulldogs Band director, Saturday’s Indiana State Fair Marching Band Contest is about working hard, having fun and performing in front of a big audience.
- More Local Education Headlines
- Back to school health alert