- Local Education
- ACS receives state grant to expand innovative technical education programs With notification Thursday that it has received a $239,320 Career and Technical Education (CTE) grant from the state, all the elements are in place to significantly expand technical education opportunities for students attending Anderson Community Schools.
New Anderson schools leader brings optimism
Superintendent Terry Thompson, in an interview with The Herald Bulletin, exudes a rosy outlook, promises to support staff and students.
- Library offers free computer classes in July July computer classes have been announced at Anderson Public Library.
- 2 local schools in running for grants Madison-Grant United School Corp. and South Madison Community School Corp. are in the running for grants of up to $25,000, which will be announced in early August.
- Frankton-Lapel school board approves superintendent raise The Frankton-Lapel Community Schools board of trustees approved an $8,000 raise for Superintendent Bobby Fields on Wednesday.
- BZA approves special exception for school After gaining approval for a special use exception, the Anderson Christian School is hoping to reopen this fall at a location on Broadway.
Frankton-Lapel school board considers new superintendent contract
The Frankton-Lapel Community Schools board of trustees is meeting in special session Wednesday to discuss and take public testimony on a new contract with Superintendent Bobby Fields.
- Madison County SADD earns national recognition The Madison County Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) chapter recently received national recognition as one of the top three chapters in the country.
- Baby-sitting class offered at hospital St. Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital is offering a Safe Sitter class on July 17. Safe Sitter is a medically accurate baby-sitting preparation program designed for boys and girls ages 11 to 13.
- ACS could provide $100,000 to save Wigwam Anderson Community School Corp. could provide $100,000 to the group hoping to reopen the Wigwam complex if a July 8 closing date is achieved.
- More Local Education Headlines