- Local Education
- Anti-bullying program for parents on Saturday Bob Harvey, a speaker from Ohio who had presented bullying information for over 20 years, will talk with parents about identifying bullying, how to talk with their child, how to pinpoint the cause and how to approach the school. He will also talk with parents whose children may themselves be the bully.
- Tuskegee Airman to answer questions Tuskegee Airmen will leap from the pages of history books and land on the Paramount Theatre stage Thursday.
ACS, Alex-Monroe, APA, South Madison schools closing early
Anderson Community (1 p.m.), Alexandria-Monroe (12:45 p.m.), Anderson Preparatory Academy (12:30 p.m.) and South Madison schools (an hour and a half early) will all close early today in anticipation of a winter storm that will make roads slick and hazardous.
Forecast forces early school dismissal today
Schools have announced early dismissals on Monday. Anderson High School and Highland Middle School will close at 1 p.m. today with other Anderson district schools closing at 2 p.m., officials said.
Learning the practical applications of engineering
It’s just after lunch and Martin Klipsch’s civil engineering and architecture students are settling into their computer work stations. Displayed on a big screen at the front of the classroom is the next assignment, which is to redesign a vacant industrial building in Noblesville for use as a public library.
- 'The Blade' is now 'Purdue Mitch' Mitch Daniels still occasionally gets called “governor” in deference to the eight years he spent as Indiana’s chief executive. Thirteen months after leaving office, the old title is the exception to his honorific as Purdue University’s high-profile “President Daniels.”
School snow removal costs mounting as harsh winter continues
Just as Madison County cities and towns have struggled with extraordinary snow removal costs this winter, so too have area schools. Overtime costs and an unexpected need to buy extra salt to melt snow have added up.
Minority coalition outlines 10-point improvement plan
Several minority-focused local organizations and members of the public met Thursday night and presented a 10-point plan for improving conditions for the community, particularly for minority and low-income groups.
- Celebrate Presidents Day with free admission to Conner Prairie Conner Prairie Interactive History Park is offering the public the chance to interact with several presidents and first ladies from America's past, and all for free on Presidents Day.
- School leaders outline student improvement plans at public hearing Administrators and teachers at Anderson High and Highland Middle schools outlined their plans to improve student achievement by the end of this school year Tuesday night.
- More Local Education Headlines