- Local Education
- Celebrate Presidents Day with free admission to Conner Prairie Conner Prairie Interactive History Park is offering the public the chance to interact with several presidents and first ladies from America's past, and all for free on Presidents Day.
- School leaders outline student improvement plans at public hearing Administrators and teachers at Anderson High and Highland Middle schools outlined their plans to improve student achievement by the end of this school year Tuesday night.
- Public comment sought on school improvement plans Highland Middle and Anderson High schools need to improve their school grades, and community residents will have an opportunity tonight to react to plans and offer suggestions about how to do better.
Local firms among those winning Ivy Tech building contracts
Ivy Tech Community College has awarded $17 million in contracts to construction firms around the state as the institution prepares to break ground this spring on a new campus in Madison County.
Faster wireless service coming to PHHS
When Pendleton Heights High School students and staff return from summer break in August, faster Internet speeds necessary to power the latest computer technology will be there to greet them.
- Turnout disappoints at adult education job fair Only 24 percent of Madison County residents have some sort of post-secondary education, compared to 35 percent in Delaware County and 60 percent in Hamilton County, said Mark J. Finger, director of the Madison County Education Coalition. That's why the coalition joined forces with area colleges, universities and other organizations on Thursday at the Anderson Public Library.
Black history lessons focus on character, integrity
Although this year's many school cancellations and delayed morning openings has forced many teachers to adjust daily lesson plans, Carlynn Malone has carved out time in the day to let children read books and hear stories about great African Americans like the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, Ruby Bridges, George Washington Carver and others.
- Horticulture scholarship available for college-bound seniors The Madison County Master Gardener Association has established a horticultural scholarship to provide post-secondary financial assistance to high school seniors, who reside in Madison County and have declared intent to pursue a college major in horticulture or a related area in an accredited school.
- Parkison to retire after 40 years with DHS At Daleville High School's annual Homecoming night, teacher David Parkison was honored for his 40 years at DHS. Parkison will retire at the end of this school year.
Schools could be allowed option on makeup days
The state school superintendent says school districts could make up some snow days by having longer school days or having online instruction on a Saturday.
- More Local Education Headlines