- Local Education
- New trustee board member chosen in Elwood The Elwood Community Schools Board of Trustees has named Matthew Todd to fill a vacancy created by Richard Herndon's decision to retire before his term expires next January.
- APA robotic team to compete in event at Purdue University College of Technology The Anderson Preparatory Academy robotics team will join other high school students at Purdue University's College of Technology on Saturday for a regional robotics competition.
- Paramount shines the light on 'Civil Rights Through the Eyes of a Child' Indianapolis storyteller Deborah Asante will return to the Paramount Theatre on March 19 to tell the story of the Children’s Crusade of 1963 through the perspective of a young child who marched in Birmingham, Ala.
- Anderson school officials propose transportation cost-saving measures Anderson community School officials are proposing a six-point plan to cut transportation costs by at least $1.5 million starting this year.
ACS board accepts decision firing Anderson football coach
Randy Albano is officially out as head football coach of the Anderson Indians.
- Wind, snow blow through Madison County Cold weather is still a factor almost halfway through March in Madison County as another round of snow swept through Wednesday.
Power outage closes Frankton schools
Frankton Jr. Sr. High School and Elementary School are closed for the day due to a power outage
- Wigwam deadline extended to June 30 The Anderson Community Schools Board of Trustees and city officials on Tuesday reached an agreement that will delay consideration of razing the Wigwam complex until July.
- Former DCS director charged with perjury in federal case The former local director of the Indiana Department of Child Services and member of the New Castle Community School Corp.’s school board has been charged by criminal complaint with one count of perjury and one count of making a materially false statement,
- Kindergarten Roundup begins April 8 at South Madison Kindergarten Roundup for South Madison Community Schools begins April 8.
- More Local Education Headlines