Friday, Feb. 8
Indy Winter Classic Dog Show, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. today, Saturday and Sunday, West Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis. Admission, $7 for adults and children under 12 admitted free.
54th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Wheels, Champions Pavilion, Marsh Blue Ribbon Pavilion and South Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis; 5-10 p.m. tonight; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday; Admission, $15 for adults, and $5 for children 60-12. Children under five, admitted free.
Saturday, Feb. 9
Valentine’s Day tea and parlor games, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park, Anderson.
Open Arms Skate to benefit Alternatives Inc., hosted by East Central Roller Derby, 5-7 p.m., Anderson Roll Arena, 2711 Broadway, Anderson.
Benefit concert featuring three local singing groups, 7 p.m., Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, Anderson. Hosted by Children of Promise.
Anderson Symphony Orchestra concert, “Legends, Rituals and Folklore,” featuring ASO percussion section, 7:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Sunday, Feb. 10
Black History Celebration, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Children’s Church, 615 Henry St., Anderson. Hosted by the Children’s Church.
Friday, Feb. 8
- Work starts at sunrise at 4-H Fair With the skies filled with lightning and the threat of rain on the horizon the Madison County 4-H Fairgrounds was mostly vacant at 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- Pagano breakfast sold out A breakfast with Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano is sold out, organizers said Wednesday.
- The 'fairest food of all' Rides along the midway and 4-H animals may be a big draw for the county fair, but there's plenty of food people look forward to and indulge in during the Madison County 4-H Fair.
Beef, dairy entries handle the heat
For some 4-H'ers in the beef and dairy shows at the Madison County 4-H Fair, one cow can be a handful. Then there's Jeron Mason who was just one cow short of a literal handful.
- Cornerstone celebrating summer session Join Cornerstone staff and students as they celebrate their summer session.
Swine show brings smiles, lessons
Despite warm temperatures and occasionally ornery pigs, there were a lot of smiles during the Madison County 4-H Fair swine show Monday.
Harless provides loving care to hens
When Holden Harless received his American Hen last year he named it Andrew Luck after his favorite football player.
Governor visits with 4-H'ers at county fair
Gov. Mike Pence stopped by the Madison County 4-H Fair on Monday afternoon to visit with the children and parents who put so much effort into the fair and the fairgoers who make the fair worthwhile.
- All those years ago: Beatles fans still remember On Sept. 3, 1964, the Beatles performed to more than 30,000 fans at the Indiana State Fair.
Kitts to reign over Madison County 4-H Fair as queen
After finishing as the first runner-up in the Madison County 4-H Queen contest in 2013, Hope Kitts returned this year to win the honors.
- More Entertainment Headlines