Friday, Feb. 8
Indy Winter Classic Dog Show, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. today, Saturday and Sunday, West Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis. Admission, $7 for adults and children under 12 admitted free.
54th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Wheels, Champions Pavilion, Marsh Blue Ribbon Pavilion and South Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis; 5-10 p.m. tonight; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday; Admission, $15 for adults, and $5 for children 60-12. Children under five, admitted free.
Saturday, Feb. 9
Valentine’s Day tea and parlor games, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park, Anderson.
Open Arms Skate to benefit Alternatives Inc., hosted by East Central Roller Derby, 5-7 p.m., Anderson Roll Arena, 2711 Broadway, Anderson.
Benefit concert featuring three local singing groups, 7 p.m., Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, Anderson. Hosted by Children of Promise.
Anderson Symphony Orchestra concert, “Legends, Rituals and Folklore,” featuring ASO percussion section, 7:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Sunday, Feb. 10
Black History Celebration, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Children’s Church, 615 Henry St., Anderson. Hosted by the Children’s Church.
Friday, Feb. 8
- Mounds State Park at Easter part of long family tradition Many Madison County residents woke early on Sunday to attend Easter services. David Long was among them, only his sanctuary was the Woodland Shelter at Mounds State Park.
- Acting without words Nineteen area students will take a walk down the red carpet Tuesday evening as their film projects premiere at the Paramount Theatre during the WRC Silent Film Festival.
- Mounds State Park hosts birding weekend featuring live hawk Mounds State Park will go to the birds April 25-27 as the park hosts “Bird the Mounds.”
- 14th annual dog walkathon at Shadyside Park The Madison County Humane Society will host its 14th annual dog walkathon on Saturday, May 3. The walk will be at Shadyside Park between 8 a.m. and noon (rain or shine.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- Live music: April 18 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Dog owners invited to Easter egg hunt McCulloch Park will be going to the dogs on Saturday. Residents are invited to join in for the Easter egg hunt specifically for canines and their human companions.
- More Entertainment Headlines