Friday, Feb. 8
Indy Winter Classic Dog Show, 6 a.m.-10 p.m. today, Saturday and Sunday, West Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis. Admission, $7 for adults and children under 12 admitted free.
54th annual O’Reilly Auto Parts World of Wheels, Champions Pavilion, Marsh Blue Ribbon Pavilion and South Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis; 5-10 p.m. tonight; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday; Admission, $15 for adults, and $5 for children 60-12. Children under five, admitted free.
Saturday, Feb. 9
Valentine’s Day tea and parlor games, 1 p.m., Mounds State Park, Anderson.
Open Arms Skate to benefit Alternatives Inc., hosted by East Central Roller Derby, 5-7 p.m., Anderson Roll Arena, 2711 Broadway, Anderson.
Benefit concert featuring three local singing groups, 7 p.m., Park Place Church of God, 501 College Drive, Anderson. Hosted by Children of Promise.
Anderson Symphony Orchestra concert, “Legends, Rituals and Folklore,” featuring ASO percussion section, 7:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Sunday, Feb. 10
Black History Celebration, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Mount Pilgrim Children’s Church, 615 Henry St., Anderson. Hosted by the Children’s Church.
Friday, Feb. 8
- Weekend Calendar: March 7 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for March 7-9.
- Live music: March 7 The following listings for live music and other entertainment activities are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Cinderella' dancing into the Paramount
One of the world’s most beloved fairy tales will soon spring to life at the Paramount Theatre. This weekend’s performances will be the first time since 1997 that the local ballet troupe has performed “Cinderella,” AYBT board member Nancy Anderson said.
- 'Ghost' gets musical makeover The 1990 romantic film starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore gets a sweet, often captivating, makeover in the musical playing this weekend at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis.
- Madison County Choral Festival features choirs from 6 schools Choir students from Alexandria, Elwood, Frankton, Lapel, Madison-Grant and Pendleton Heights will take part in the 2014 Madison County Choral Festival at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 11.
- Songs 'n Sweets set for March 23 Lapel's Community Band kicks off the 2014 concert season with its sixth annual benefit concert for the Lapel Community Food Pantry on Sunday, March 23, at 3 p.m. at Trinity Life Center, Indiana 13 and 38 near Pendleton.
- '12 Years a Slave' rises up at Academy Awards Perhaps atoning for past sins, Hollywood named the brutal, unshrinking historical drama "12 Years a Slave" best picture at the 86th annual Academy Awards.
'12 Years a Slave,' McConaughey, Blanchett head list of 2014 Oscar winners
List of winners at Sunday's 86th annual Academy Awards presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The Oscar for best picture went to "12 Years a Slave."
- Teen Read 'n' Feed Festival on April 12 The 2014 Anderson Public Library Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival will include a writing contest for teens in grades six through 12 residing in Madison County.
"12 Years a Slave" wins Oscar for Best Picture
Hollywood named the brutal, unshrinking historical drama "12 Years a Slave" best picture at the 86th annual Academy Awards.
- More Entertainment Headlines