Friday, May 24
Indiana Christian Academy commencement, 7 p.m., Grace Baptist Church.
Saturday, May 25
Ernie’s Heart Pet Food Pantry YART (Yard + Art) Sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., 610 Scatterfield Road.
Relay for Life bowling fundraiser, 3-5 p.m., Cooper’s Sport Bowl, 1920 E. 53rd St.
Family Festival sponsored by Living Water Community Church, 3-7 p.m., food and fun, 7-9 p.m., music/service, Anderson Town Centre Park.
Dr. Angela H. Streeter Scholarship Musical presented by Metropolitan College of Theology, 5 p.m., Anderson City Building, 120 E. Eighth St.
65th Pay Less Little 500, green flag, 8 p.m., Anderson Speedway, 1311 Martin Luther King Blvd., Anderson. Call 642-0206 for reserved tickets, $29.
Community Memorial Day service, 11 a.m., Alexandria Service Club, 204 E. Berry St. Co-hosted by Alexander Bright Post 87, American Legion and the City of Alexandria.
Farmers market, 8 a.m.-noon, Falls Park, next to the Community Building.
Sunday, May 26
97th running of the Indianapolis 500, 12:12 p.m., Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Friday, May 24
- Hospital's ER Department plans annual golf tournament Community Hospital Anderson’s Emergency Department will host its 12th annual golf tournament on Friday, June 20, at The Edge golf course. The Florida-style scramble will begin with a Lifeline helicopter liftoff at 1 p.m.
Annual Bids for Kids auction starts Friday
Breaking the cycle of child abuse is one of the most difficult things to do, but the people of Madison County aren’t ready to give up trying.
- Spotlight on the kids When pianist Nathan Cook started volunteering for the special education program at Anderson High School, he started mulling over ideas how he could do more to help.
Lucey is tops in Iowa's 'Beautiful Bulldog' event
Lucey is a slobbering 18-month-old pooch whose human family dreams of making her a therapy dog.
- Students to get introduction to symphony Nearly 1,000 fifth- and sixth-grade Madison County students will be going to the Paramount Theatre Tuesday for the annual Symphony for Kids concert.
- Disney's 'It's a Small World' turns 50 The timeless Disney tune "It's a Small World" that wafts through our memories from past theme park vacations turns 50 this year.
Miss America: Rethink suspension over prom query
Miss America is asking a Pennsylvania school district to reconsider the punishment of a high school senior who asked her to prom during the question-and-answer portion of an assembly.
Mounds State Park at Easter part of long family tradition
Many Madison County residents woke early on Sunday to attend Easter services. David Long was among them, only his sanctuary was the Woodland Shelter at Mounds State Park.
Acting without words
Nineteen area students will take a walk down the red carpet Tuesday evening as their film projects premiere at the Paramount Theatre during the WRC Silent Film Festival.
- Mounds State Park hosts birding weekend featuring live hawk Mounds State Park will go to the birds April 25-27 as the park hosts “Bird the Mounds.”
- More Entertainment Headlines