Friday, May 24
Indiana Christian Academy commencement, 7 p.m., Grace Baptist Church.
Saturday, May 25
Ernie’s Heart Pet Food Pantry YART (Yard + Art) Sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., 610 Scatterfield Road.
Relay for Life bowling fundraiser, 3-5 p.m., Cooper’s Sport Bowl, 1920 E. 53rd St.
Family Festival sponsored by Living Water Community Church, 3-7 p.m., food and fun, 7-9 p.m., music/service, Anderson Town Centre Park.
Dr. Angela H. Streeter Scholarship Musical presented by Metropolitan College of Theology, 5 p.m., Anderson City Building, 120 E. Eighth St.
65th Pay Less Little 500, green flag, 8 p.m., Anderson Speedway, 1311 Martin Luther King Blvd., Anderson. Call 642-0206 for reserved tickets, $29.
Community Memorial Day service, 11 a.m., Alexandria Service Club, 204 E. Berry St. Co-hosted by Alexander Bright Post 87, American Legion and the City of Alexandria.
Farmers market, 8 a.m.-noon, Falls Park, next to the Community Building.
Sunday, May 26
97th running of the Indianapolis 500, 12:12 p.m., Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Friday, May 24
Residents share holiday potluck etiquette, secrets
Call them potlucks, pitch-ins, carry-ins or just dinner, most people contribute food to at least one gathering during the holiday season. For many, the most wonderful time of the year means it’s time for friends, family and food.
Free showing of ‘Polar Express’
The Anderson Mayor’s Youth Commission is hosting a free showing of the popular Christmas movie “Polar Express” in the auditorium of the Anderson City Building on Saturday, Dec. 21, at 2 p.m.
- Making a change for better health Roger Burnett says he was content with the YMCA before it was recently remodeled. “I don’t like change,” said Burnett, 66, of Frankton. “I didn’t think I would like it, but I do.”
Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors
The "Piano Man" who became one of the world's best-selling artists of all time with such hits as "Just the Way You Are," ''Uptown Girl" and "Allentown" was awarded the nation's highest honor Sunday for influencing American culture through the arts.
- Wisecracking at Hoosier Park Last week, a group 18 stand-up comedy hopefuls came together at Hoosier Park Racing & Casino to learn the fine art of performing for laughs.
- Library to host sixth annual Local Authors Fair The Anderson Public Library will host 16 Madison County authors on Friday, Dec. 13, and Saturday, Dec. 14 at the sixth annual Local Authors Fair and Book Signing.
'Beef & Boards Christmas' delivers for the holiday
"A Beef & Boards Christmas" show, which opened Nov. 29, has become a favorite holiday tradition for many families and groups from central Indiana.
AU dance students learn from a pro
Kenny Shepard, an adjunct professor in the dance department at Anderson University, is a veteran performer on the Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre stage, as well as Off-Broadway, Branson, Mo.; Disney World and cruise ships.
- Master Gardener intern training set to begin Master Gardener Intern Training will be offered on Tuesdays beginning Jan. 4 at the new Purdue Cooperative Extension Service office location on Mounds Road.
'Dancing Like the Stars' participants announced
Fourteen local community leaders and professional dance instructors will participate in the sixth annual "Dancing Like The Stars" benefit set for Jan. 25 at the Paramount Theatre.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Residents share holiday potluck etiquette, secrets