Friday, May 24
Indiana Christian Academy commencement, 7 p.m., Grace Baptist Church.
Saturday, May 25
Ernie’s Heart Pet Food Pantry YART (Yard + Art) Sale, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., 610 Scatterfield Road.
Relay for Life bowling fundraiser, 3-5 p.m., Cooper’s Sport Bowl, 1920 E. 53rd St.
Family Festival sponsored by Living Water Community Church, 3-7 p.m., food and fun, 7-9 p.m., music/service, Anderson Town Centre Park.
Dr. Angela H. Streeter Scholarship Musical presented by Metropolitan College of Theology, 5 p.m., Anderson City Building, 120 E. Eighth St.
65th Pay Less Little 500, green flag, 8 p.m., Anderson Speedway, 1311 Martin Luther King Blvd., Anderson. Call 642-0206 for reserved tickets, $29.
Community Memorial Day service, 11 a.m., Alexandria Service Club, 204 E. Berry St. Co-hosted by Alexander Bright Post 87, American Legion and the City of Alexandria.
Farmers market, 8 a.m.-noon, Falls Park, next to the Community Building.
Sunday, May 26
97th running of the Indianapolis 500, 12:12 p.m., Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Friday, May 24
- Acting without words Nineteen area students will take a walk down the red carpet Tuesday evening as their film projects premiere at the Paramount Theatre during the WRC Silent Film Festival.
- Mounds State Park hosts birding weekend featuring live hawk Mounds State Park will go to the birds April 25-27 as the park hosts “Bird the Mounds.”
- 14th annual dog walkathon at Shadyside Park The Madison County Humane Society will host its 14th annual dog walkathon on Saturday, May 3. The walk will be at Shadyside Park between 8 a.m. and noon (rain or shine.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- Live music: April 18 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Dog owners invited to Easter egg hunt McCulloch Park will be going to the dogs on Saturday. Residents are invited to join in for the Easter egg hunt specifically for canines and their human companions.
- Review: Classic Cole Porter tunes in 'Anything Goes' Light-hearted entertainment reigns at Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre as the stage is filled with sparkling costumes, quick stepping and even a little slapstick thrown into the mix. “Anything Goes,” now playing through May 11, may be a musical celebrating its 80th anniversary, but the humor is not lost on modern audiences.
- More Entertainment Headlines