Friday, March 8
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
Friends of the Library book sale, noon-4:30 p.m., third-floor bookstore, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
Hope for Becky, 6-10 p.m., Rigo’s at Grandview, 1905 W. North Shore Blvd., Anderson.
Bluegrass Festival, 6:30-11 p.m., Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., Lapel.
Saturday, March 9
Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, 8-10 a.m., Alexandria Community Center, 315 S. Harrison St., Alexandria.
Friends of the Library book sale, noon-4:30 p.m., third floor bookstore, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
Tack auction and chili dinner, 2 p.m. (doors open at noon), Madison County 4-H Fairgrounds, Alexandria. Sponsored by Madison County 4-H Ruff Ryders.
Anderson Young Ballet Theatre Spring Gala: Adventures in Technique, 7:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Sunday, March 10
J.S. Bach’s “St. John Passion” by the Kammerbach Ensemble, 2:30 p.m., York Performance Hall, Anderson University, Anderson.
Friday, March 8
- ASO adds vocalist to Christmas Concert The Anderson Symphony Orchestra is bringing back its traditional Christmas Concert, but with a new element this year. The orchestra will hold its annual performance with guest vocalist Heather Bays Saturday at the Paramount Theatre.
- Pointer Sisters perform at Hoosier Park Saturday The Grammy Award-winning Pointer Sisters come to Hoosier Park Saturday bringing the harmonies, energy and hit songs for which they became so well known.
- Weekend Calendar: Dec. 13 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for Dec. 13-15.
- Live music: Dec. 13 The following listings for live music are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- In Review: 'Wonderful Life' is delightful radio show At first glance, a handful of actors on the stage telling the classic tale of George Bailey’s woes with life may seem straightforward and simple, but it’s that simplicity that makes “It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” complex.
- Local writers prepare for authors fair at Anderson Public Library Local author Elmore Hammes remembers when he first published a children’s book and a little girl approached him at a book signing. She wouldn’t stop smiling, not even to talk to the writer.
Residents share holiday potluck etiquette, secrets
Call them potlucks, pitch-ins, carry-ins or just dinner, most people contribute food to at least one gathering during the holiday season. For many, the most wonderful time of the year means it’s time for friends, family and food.
Free showing of ‘Polar Express’
The Anderson Mayor’s Youth Commission is hosting a free showing of the popular Christmas movie “Polar Express” in the auditorium of the Anderson City Building on Saturday, Dec. 21, at 2 p.m.
- Making a change for better health Roger Burnett says he was content with the YMCA before it was recently remodeled. “I don’t like change,” said Burnett, 66, of Frankton. “I didn’t think I would like it, but I do.”
Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors
The "Piano Man" who became one of the world's best-selling artists of all time with such hits as "Just the Way You Are," ''Uptown Girl" and "Allentown" was awarded the nation's highest honor Sunday for influencing American culture through the arts.
- More Entertainment Headlines