Friday, March 8
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
Friends of the Library book sale, noon-4:30 p.m., third-floor bookstore, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
Hope for Becky, 6-10 p.m., Rigo’s at Grandview, 1905 W. North Shore Blvd., Anderson.
Bluegrass Festival, 6:30-11 p.m., Daybreak Community Church, 1219 N. Main St., Lapel.
Saturday, March 9
Breakfast with the Easter Bunny, 8-10 a.m., Alexandria Community Center, 315 S. Harrison St., Alexandria.
Friends of the Library book sale, noon-4:30 p.m., third floor bookstore, Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., Anderson.
Tack auction and chili dinner, 2 p.m. (doors open at noon), Madison County 4-H Fairgrounds, Alexandria. Sponsored by Madison County 4-H Ruff Ryders.
Anderson Young Ballet Theatre Spring Gala: Adventures in Technique, 7:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Sunday, March 10
J.S. Bach’s “St. John Passion” by the Kammerbach Ensemble, 2:30 p.m., York Performance Hall, Anderson University, Anderson.
Friday, March 8
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- Live music: April 18 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Dog owners invited to Easter egg hunt McCulloch Park will be going to the dogs on Saturday. Residents are invited to join in for the Easter egg hunt specifically for canines and their human companions.
- Review: Classic Cole Porter tunes in 'Anything Goes' Light-hearted entertainment reigns at Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre as the stage is filled with sparkling costumes, quick stepping and even a little slapstick thrown into the mix. “Anything Goes,” now playing through May 11, may be a musical celebrating its 80th anniversary, but the humor is not lost on modern audiences.
- 'Grace's Magic' to help Second Harvest Ball State graduate Cindee Cox is the author of “Grace’s Magic,” a children’s book geared around helping others and the community in which they live.
'Hunger Games' top winner at MTV Movie Awards
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" earned the prize for best film at Sunday night's MTV Movie Awards, besting even top Oscar winner "12 Years a Slave."
- Alexandria library going digital Alexandria-Monroe Public Library using new digital program to make borrowing the latest books and movies easier than ever.
Special Olympian headlines 30th Gourmet Sampler
Friends came by the table of Paul Porcaro on Sunday, asking if he was going to sing again this year.
- More Entertainment Headlines