ANDERSON, Ind. —
A list of area bands and disc jockeys this weekend:
59th Street Pub & Eatery, 5901 S. Scatterfield Road, Anderson: DJ at 9 p.m. every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
American Legion, 220 Main St., Elwood: Euchre tournaments every Wednesday at 7 p.m.; Country Mile Band — 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday; and Entertainment by Shawn — 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday, March 30.
American Legion Post 408, 5100 Mounds Road, Chesterfield: Turkey Shoot — every Saturday at noon; Texas Hold’em — every Saturday at 7 p.m., food provided; shuffleboard tournament — every Thursday at 6 p.m. $5 per person (blind draw).
American Legion Post 469, 116 N. Washington Ave., Frankton: Pool tournaments — every Saturday at 2 p.m.; euchre tournament — every Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
Backstage Bar, 1515 South A St. Elwood: Rockerbox — 10 p.m. Saturday; no cover, doors open at 7 p.m.
Big Baby’s, 1929 W. Eighth St., Anderson: Karaoke with Fergie — every Tuesday from 8 p.m. to ?; Karaoke and DJ Oblivion — 9 p.m. Wednesday and Sunday; Karaoke with Fergie — 9 p.m. to ? every Thursday, Friday.
The BJ’s Sports Bar, 1923 W. Smith Road (Indiana 32), Yorktown: DJ every Friday and Saturday — 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Buffalo Wild Wings, 1808 Applewood Centre Drive, Anderson: Live acoustic music every Wednesday from 9 p.m. to midnight.
Chances R, 3421 S. Walnut St., Muncie: Karaoke - 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. every Wednesday through Saturday.
Chesterfield Flea Market, Main Street, (next to Dollar General) — Open mic — 6 to? p.m. Friday; Saturday from 1 to 4 p.m.
Coffman’s Bar, 1228 W. 29th St.: Free pool — 7 to 10 p.m. Wednesdays; Rick Copeland playing acoustic — 7 to 9 p.m. every Wednesday;
Columbus Avenue Pizza, 5436 Columbus Ave.: Scotty Zion as “Today’s Elvis” — 6 to 7 p.m. every Thursday.
Crossroads Blues Cafe, 305 S. Water St., Chesterfield: Zach Day and Full Throttle — 6 to 11 p.m. Friday, March 29. Reservations suggested. No alcohol, no smoking.
D.T.’s-R Bar, 1100 Pendleton Ave., Anderson: Jammin’ with Thomas Wayne Pruitt — 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday.
Eagles Lodge 174, 1315 Meridian St., Anderson: Karaoke — 7 to 10 p.m. every Monday; DJ — 7 to 10 p.m. every Thursday; and Quincy’s Brass — 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday.
Eagles Lodge 1771, 217 E. Cleveland St., Alexandria: line dance lessons — 6 to 8 p.m. every Friday; Country Dance with Jim King — every Friday 8-11 p.m.; Couples country dance lessons — 6:30-7:30 p.m. every Tuesday; beginner line dance lessons — 7-9 p.m. every Wednesday; Reminisce — 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday; and Strut Band — 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday, March 30.
Elks Lodge 209, 1803 Broadway, Anderson: Larry Mechem with ballroom dancing — 7 to 10 p.m. Friday; and DJ Tim Hill — March 29.
Jimbo’s Pub and Club, 3100 S. Main St., Anderson: Karaoke with Pasha — 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Wednesdays; DJ with Pasha — 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Thursdays; and Karaoke with Pasha — 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
J.R.’s South Park Tavern, 421 E. 23rd St., Anderson: DJ — every Saturday.
Kelli’s Auction Company, 3133 N. Ind. 9, Anderson: Live country music and open mic — 1 to 3:30 p.m. every Saturday.
Kroakerheads, 1239 Meridian St., Anderson: Jr. Davis and The Funk Yard Dogs — 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. tonight an Saturday; and Smokin’ Guns — 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Friday and Saturday, March 29-30.
Mardi Gras, 730 Main St., Lapel: Karaoke — 8 p.m. every Thursday.
The Pit Stop Bar and Restaurant, 1220 Martin Luther King Blvd. (Pendleton Avenue), Anderson: Thomas Pruitt — 8 to 10 p.m. first and third Thursdays; and karaoke — 8 p.m. to ? every Friday; first Monday of each month is Ladies Night from 8 to 10 p.m. featuring Thomas.
The Point, 905 Lincoln Ave., Alexandria: DJ — 10 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
Rokafellows, 104 W. State St., Pendleton: every Thursday songwriter Mike Martin of Muncie’s Folly Moon — begins at 9 p.m. with DJ following; every Friday beginning at 8 p.m. open mic night with Stuck & Stew.
Stingers Bar & Grill (old Eagles Building on Indiana 28), 1415 Main St., Elwood: open mic and bands most Fridays and Saturdays at 9 p.m.
Sparky’s Hideaway, 2017 W. Eighth St., Anderson: Tropical Party with DJ Zach — 9 p.m. to close Friday, April 5.
Vertigo Sports Bar & Grill, 2232 Columbus Ave., Anderson: Karaoke with DJ Kay-Oz — 8 p.m. to close every Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday; and Dueling DJ’s — Jammin’ Jeff and DJ Kay-Oz — 9 p.m. to close every Friday and Saturday; Fundraiser for Epilepsy Awareness with Thomas Wayne Pruitt, 3N, Kemmler’s Fate and The Under Dogs — 8 p.m. Saturday. $3 cover charge.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 266, 3210 Columbus Ave., Anderson: DJ Lew Goodwin — 7 p.m. to ? Friday.
ANDERSON, Ind. —
A list of area bands and disc jockeys this weekend:
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- Kathy Griffin to perform at Hoosier Park Emmy and Grammy winner Kathy Griffin will dish about her latest run-ins with celebrities and observations about Hollywood’s elite and popular culture in the Terrace Showroom when she brings her stand-up act to Anderson on April 26.
- Jazz night comes to Paramount Hopkins and Miller’s Sunset Stomp Jazz Band will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Paramount. The performance is one of the first events for the 27th Annual City of Anderson Little 500 Festival schedule.
- Weekend Calendar: April 18 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 18-20.
- Live music: April 18 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- Dog owners invited to Easter egg hunt McCulloch Park will be going to the dogs on Saturday. Residents are invited to join in for the Easter egg hunt specifically for canines and their human companions.
- Review: Classic Cole Porter tunes in 'Anything Goes' Light-hearted entertainment reigns at Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre as the stage is filled with sparkling costumes, quick stepping and even a little slapstick thrown into the mix. “Anything Goes,” now playing through May 11, may be a musical celebrating its 80th anniversary, but the humor is not lost on modern audiences.
- 'Grace's Magic' to help Second Harvest Ball State graduate Cindee Cox is the author of “Grace’s Magic,” a children’s book geared around helping others and the community in which they live.
'Hunger Games' top winner at MTV Movie Awards
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" earned the prize for best film at Sunday night's MTV Movie Awards, besting even top Oscar winner "12 Years a Slave."
- Alexandria library going digital Alexandria-Monroe Public Library using new digital program to make borrowing the latest books and movies easier than ever.
- More Entertainment Headlines