ANDERSON, Ind. —
Organizers are hoping a bowling event can help “strike out” domestic violence.
Cooper’s Sport Bowl is hosting the Strike Out Domestic Violence event on Saturday, Oct. 27, to benefit Alternatives Inc. with registration beginning at 4:30 p.m. and lanes opening at 5 p.m.
The family-friendly bowling event consists of three nine-pin no-tap games. Bowlers need at least $25 in pledges to participate and will be eligible for a themed basket raffle. Area businesses have donated several prizes that will be given out throughout the night to bowlers.
All proceeds from the fundraiser will go directly to shelter operations at Alternatives.
Although Alternatives has a domestic violence shelter in Anderson, it serves victims in six counties in many ways beyond housing including children’s services, advocacy, education and safety planning. The organization also participates in communitywide prevention and awareness campaigns.
Those interested in putting together a team or who would like to know more about Alternatives’ services should visit www.alternativesdv.org or call 643-0218.
Find Abbey Doyle on Facebook and @heraldbulletin on Twitter, or call 640-4805.
- What: Strike Out Domestic Violence
- Where: Cooper’s Sport Bowl, 1920 E. 53rd St.
- When: registration begins at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 27
- Why: Fundraiser for Alternatives Inc.
- Those interested in putting together a team or who would like to know more about Alternatives’ services should visit www.alternativesdv.org or call 643-0218.