Friday, Jan. 18
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
Saturday, Jan. 19
Mainstage Theatre “Star Night,” 5 p.m., Central Christian Church Fellowship Hall, 923 Jackson St., Anderson.
Animal tracking techniques workshop at Mounds State Park, 1 p.m., Visitors Center, Anderson.
Donkey Basketball, 7 p.m., Pendleton Heights High School, gym. Sponsored by FFA Boosters.
Sunday, Jan. 20
United Way Family Movie Series, “The Dark Knight Rises,” 4:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Zumbathon to benefit The Benjie Fund, 3 to 5 p.m., former Sears store at Mounds Mall, Anderson. Childcare provided.
Benefit Christian concert and chicken and noodle dinner for Van Green, a four-year-old battling brain cancer, dinner is 4 to 5:30 p.m. and concert 6 to 8 p.m., The Bridge Church behind Mounds Mall, Anderson.
Friday, Jan. 18
- Live gaming not on 2014 docket in Indiana Indiana casinos hoping for more legislative help for the industry struggling with dropping revenue may have to wait until 2015 to see any new bills.
Springsteen 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
Tramps like us, baby we were born to bid. A handwritten, working lyric sheet for Bruce Springsteen's 1975 hit "Born to Run" could sell for as much as $100,000 today, Sotheby's has predicted.
- Christmas Gift & Craft Show at mall this weekend The Mounds Mall will be filled with holiday magic this weekend as 95 vendors fill the open spaces and offer a vast array of holiday crafts, baked goods, personal and home products of every kind, and items perfect for Christmas gift giving.
'Before I die' comes to some parts of Indiana
ANDERSON -- The "Before I die I want to…" craze that's spread across the globe has reached parts of Indiana. Although walls in Anderson haven't been plastered with chalkboard paint, inviting anyone to write their dreams for the public to see, Hoosiers across the state have done just that.
NBA D-league team proposed for Wigwam
The Wigwam gymnasium could become the home of an NBA development league if plans proceed from a former area basketball coach. "We have a plan for the Wigwam to be used in a lot of different ways," Terry Thimlar said "One of the possibilities would be a D-League team, but it's much more than that. Right now our major focus is to bring it back to life and make it a viable entity."
Billy Joel plans Madison Square Garden residency
Billy Joel will perform once a month at Madison Square Garden — as long as the fans will have him.
- Paoli Peaks looks to start making snow A southern Indiana ski slope is hoping the cold weather being forecast will allow it to open up for skiers in a couple weeks.
- Celebrate Minnetrista's birthday with free exhibits, programming Celebrate Minnetrista’s founding with a full day of free exhibits and family programming. Enjoy cake, popcorn, and Minnetrista’s newest exhibit "Weird & Wonderful: 25 Reasons to Love Our Community."
- Lapel band to mix holidays with patriotism The Lapel Community Band will mix patriotic and seasonal music at its "Remembrance and Celebration" concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7.
- Shoppers may not have to wait year to see travel bargains again Cyber Monday is over, but if you missed those heavily discounted travel deals that were good for only 24 hours – do not panic.
- More Entertainment Headlines