Friday, Jan. 18
Golden Age euchre, 11:30 a.m., Union Hall, 29th Street and Madison Avenue, Anderson.
Saturday, Jan. 19
Mainstage Theatre “Star Night,” 5 p.m., Central Christian Church Fellowship Hall, 923 Jackson St., Anderson.
Animal tracking techniques workshop at Mounds State Park, 1 p.m., Visitors Center, Anderson.
Donkey Basketball, 7 p.m., Pendleton Heights High School, gym. Sponsored by FFA Boosters.
Sunday, Jan. 20
United Way Family Movie Series, “The Dark Knight Rises,” 4:30 p.m., Paramount Theatre, 1124 Meridian Plaza, Anderson.
Zumbathon to benefit The Benjie Fund, 3 to 5 p.m., former Sears store at Mounds Mall, Anderson. Childcare provided.
Benefit Christian concert and chicken and noodle dinner for Van Green, a four-year-old battling brain cancer, dinner is 4 to 5:30 p.m. and concert 6 to 8 p.m., The Bridge Church behind Mounds Mall, Anderson.
Friday, Jan. 18
- Spotlight on the kids When pianist Nathan Cook started volunteering for the special education program at Anderson High School, he started mulling over ideas how he could do more to help.
Lucey is tops in Iowa's 'Beautiful Bulldog' event
Lucey is a slobbering 18-month-old pooch whose human family dreams of making her a therapy dog.
- Students to get introduction to symphony Nearly 1,000 fifth- and sixth-grade Madison County students will be going to the Paramount Theatre Tuesday for the annual Symphony for Kids concert.
- Disney's 'It's a Small World' turns 50 The timeless Disney tune "It's a Small World" that wafts through our memories from past theme park vacations turns 50 this year.
Miss America: Rethink suspension over prom query
Miss America is asking a Pennsylvania school district to reconsider the punishment of a high school senior who asked her to prom during the question-and-answer portion of an assembly.
Mounds State Park at Easter part of long family tradition
Many Madison County residents woke early on Sunday to attend Easter services. David Long was among them, only his sanctuary was the Woodland Shelter at Mounds State Park.
Acting without words
Nineteen area students will take a walk down the red carpet Tuesday evening as their film projects premiere at the Paramount Theatre during the WRC Silent Film Festival.
- Mounds State Park hosts birding weekend featuring live hawk Mounds State Park will go to the birds April 25-27 as the park hosts “Bird the Mounds.”
- 14th annual dog walkathon at Shadyside Park The Madison County Humane Society will host its 14th annual dog walkathon on Saturday, May 3. The walk will be at Shadyside Park between 8 a.m. and noon (rain or shine.
- Liberty Christian makes changes to annual auction Liberty Christian School is upping the ante for its upcoming Duck-Tacular event. The school’s annual benefit auction is steering away from past forest themes to “Duck-Tacular,” a nod to the popular A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
- More Entertainment Headlines