'Hunger Games' top winner at MTV Movie Awards
"The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" earned the prize for best film at Sunday night's MTV Movie Awards, besting even top Oscar winner "12 Years a Slave."
- Alexandria library going digital Alexandria-Monroe Public Library using new digital program to make borrowing the latest books and movies easier than ever.
Special Olympian headlines 30th Gourmet Sampler
Friends came by the table of Paul Porcaro on Sunday, asking if he was going to sing again this year.
- Drama camp to perform 'The Chronicles of Narnia' This summer, local drama director Darlene Lee plans to embark on an adventure into "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."
Nirvana, Kiss lead new class in Rock Hall of Fame
Nirvana, who set music and fashion trends with their grunge sound but whose career was cut short by leader Kurt Cobain's suicide 20 years ago, led inductees into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday.
- Reservoir group conducting survey In an effort to get a pulse on how local residents are reacting to the proposed Mounds Lake reservoir, the Corporation for Economic Development is asking for comments through an online survey.
- Gourmet Sampler to feature new attractions People may be coming for the food, but this weekend’s Gourmet Sampler is going to be all about the athletes. This year's edition is adding new events to raise even more money for the Madison County Special Olympics.
- Tim Wilson benefit set for May 9 The Bob & Tom Tim Wilson Benefit Show will benefit the Tim Wilson Memorial Fund and celebrate his comedic legacy.
- Weekend Calendar: April 11 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for April 11-13.
- Live music: April 11 The following listings for live music and other entertainment at area venues are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- 'Hunger Games' top winner at MTV Movie Awards