- Hoosier Park sees slight growth in 2014 Despite statewide casino problems, local casinos Hoosier Park in Anderson and Indiana Grand in Shelbyville continue to make slow gains while other casinos struggle.
- Some outdoor recreation rules are going away Patrons of the B-52 Pik-Up convenience store and tackle shop near the popular state-owned Brookville Lake may welcome news that tough penalties for violating some outdoor recreation rules are going away.
Lunafest celebrates women
Short films by, for and about women may entertain the audience at Lunafest for an afternoon, but proceeds from the event will help countless area females.
Wilson, sportscaster Sager support effort to save Wigwam
When people around Indiana put a face with Anderson basketball they picture “Jumpin” Johnny Wilson, who added his name to those supporting the effort to revitalize the famed Wigwam.
FXX plans marathon telecast of 'The Simpsons'
The FXX network plans a marathon telecast this summer of episodes of "The Simpsons" — all 552 of them consecutively.
Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Mickey Rooney's approach to life was simple: "Let's put on a show!" He spent nine decades doing it, on the big screen, on television, on stage and in his extravagant personal life.
Police: Legendary star Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Mickey Rooney, the pint-size, precocious actor and all-around talent whose more than 80-year career spanned silent comedies, Shakespeare, Judy Garland musicals, Andy Hardy stardom, television and the Broadway theater, died Sunday at age 93.
Strait wins entertainer of the year at ACM Awards
George Strait won the top honor, entertainer of the year, at the Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday night in Las Vegas. He took the fan-voted award for the second time — 25 years after he first won it in 1989.
- Living history on display in Alexandria Larry Maple is a man of few words, but it is easy to tell he loves history and he loves seeing people appreciate the history he has helped bring together at the Alexandria Monroe Historic Museum, which opened for the season on Saturday.
- Library to host second Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival The Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., will host its second Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival on Saturday, April 12.
- More Entertainment Headlines