- Live music: Feb. 21 The following listings for live music and other entertainment activities are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
'Magic Flute': Sweet romances and conniving adversaries
Two premises open and close Mozart's romantic opera, "The Magic Flute." Between those bookends, there are sweet romances and conniving adversaries. The production comes together well at Anderson University's Byrum Hall, where performances are set for this weekend.
George Smith to perform at Paramount
George Smith will perform Saturday evening to raise money for repairs to the Paramount Theatre's gift shop after a water pipe burst earlier this winter.
- Tri Kappa hosts Wine Fest Tri Kappa of Anderson is wining and dining people this weekend.
- Tuskegee Airman to answer questions Tuskegee Airmen will leap from the pages of history books and land on the Paramount Theatre stage Thursday.
Jimmy Fallon's 'Tonight Show' debut: Social media reacts
Jimmy Fallon kicked off a new era on "The Tonight Show" Monday night and garnered mostly positive reviews. Here's a sampling of reaction on social media.
First night a hit for 'Tonight' host Jimmy Fallon
If Jimmy Fallon had already proven he was a natural hosting NBC's "Late Night," he left no doubt Monday that "The Tonight Show" now fits him like a glove.
'12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards
The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday — but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
Panel discusses lingering inequalities in income, justice and opportunities
A panel of local leaders met before a celebration of Black History Month to discuss the month's importance — past, present and future.
- Bluegrass music brings heart and soul to annual festival Hundreds gathered at the 25th annual Snowflake Bluegrass Festival to enjoy the traditional music featuring instruments like the banjo, fiddle, guitar and the mandolin.
- More Entertainment Headlines