FXX plans marathon telecast of 'The Simpsons'
The FXX network plans a marathon telecast this summer of episodes of "The Simpsons" — all 552 of them consecutively.
Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Mickey Rooney's approach to life was simple: "Let's put on a show!" He spent nine decades doing it, on the big screen, on television, on stage and in his extravagant personal life.
Police: Legendary star Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Mickey Rooney, the pint-size, precocious actor and all-around talent whose more than 80-year career spanned silent comedies, Shakespeare, Judy Garland musicals, Andy Hardy stardom, television and the Broadway theater, died Sunday at age 93.
Strait wins entertainer of the year at ACM Awards
George Strait won the top honor, entertainer of the year, at the Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday night in Las Vegas. He took the fan-voted award for the second time — 25 years after he first won it in 1989.
- Living history on display in Alexandria Larry Maple is a man of few words, but it is easy to tell he loves history and he loves seeing people appreciate the history he has helped bring together at the Alexandria Monroe Historic Museum, which opened for the season on Saturday.
- Library to host second Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival The Anderson Public Library, 111 E. 12th St., will host its second Teen Read ‘n’ Feed Festival on Saturday, April 12.
- Everyone's Buddy Given his schoolboy grin and love of disc jockeying, it doesn’t take long to figure out why Buddy Patterson is Madison County’s biggest kid. “I met Dick Clark once, and told him I was Anderson’s oldest teenager,” Patterson said.
- Discovering glass art at Expressions in Glass Beautiful and unique glass works of art will be showcased at Expressions in Glass. The exhibition focuses on a theme that dominates today’s art: the artist as social and political commentator.
Letterman's departure will reshape late-night
CBS now faces the challenge of moving on in a reordered late-night world at a time the two Jimmys — NBC's Fallon and ABC's Kimmel — have a significant head start.
Web's grumpiest cat hits her terrible twos
The top dog in Internet cat stardom, known for her downward smile and bugged-out baby blues, spent her birthday Friday touring New York City with an entourage worthy of Hollywood.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- FXX plans marathon telecast of 'The Simpsons'