First night a hit for 'Tonight' host Jimmy Fallon
If Jimmy Fallon had already proven he was a natural hosting NBC's "Late Night," he left no doubt Monday that "The Tonight Show" now fits him like a glove.
'12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards
The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday — but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
Panel discusses lingering inequalities in income, justice and opportunities
A panel of local leaders met before a celebration of Black History Month to discuss the month's importance — past, present and future.
- Bluegrass music brings heart and soul to annual festival Hundreds gathered at the 25th annual Snowflake Bluegrass Festival to enjoy the traditional music featuring instruments like the banjo, fiddle, guitar and the mandolin.
- Beef and Board's 'Cats' all about the spectacle Last fall Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre staged "Les Misérables" and it was all about the incredible singing. Now the long-running Broadway show "Cats" is being performed on the small stage and it is all about the dancing and eye-popping acrobatics.
- Noonan takes 'Cats' to new heights Kristen Noonan, a 2009 graduate of Anderson University, just can’t keep her feet on the ground. And in the current production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s "Cats" at Beef & Boards Dinner Theatre, her high-reaching talents have brought the famous musical to new heights.
A new 'Tonight' dawns with Jimmy Fallon as host
On the walls of Jimmy Fallon's office are photos. Lots of photos. Of his 2007 marriage to film producer Nancy Juvonen. Of their 6-month-old daughter, Winnie. Of his mom and dad as newlyweds. Fallon points them all out to a visitor proudly.
Business is blooming
Ratsamy Brier can deliver more than 300 orders on Valentine’s Day and this year, that might just happen. To prepare, ordered about 1,500 extra roses, she hired seven additional delivery drivers and has crammed more hours into her workdays this week.
- Visitors bureau launches digital, print initiatives The Anderson Madison County Visitors Bureau will push ahead in 2014 with digital and print initiatives to spread its message — "The Fun Starts Here!".
- Sandi Patty returning 'home' Contemporary Christian singer Sandi Patty will return to Anderson this weekend for a performance at the Paramount Theatre. Patty will perform with the Anderson Symphony Orchestra for its Valentine’s Concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- More Entertainment Headlines
- First night a hit for 'Tonight' host Jimmy Fallon