- Commons Theatre to present 'AristoCats Kids' The Commons Theatre, Alexandria, will present Disney's "AristoCats Kids" Thursday through Saturday, July 17-19, at 7:30 p.m. each evening.
- An evening with the Gaither Vocal Band Gospel singer Bill Gaither remembers seeing the 1958 movie "South Pacific" for the first time at the Paramount Theatre. It’s just one of his many memories of the theater and one of the reasons why he’s helping the historic building. The Gaither Vocal Band will do a concert at 7 p.m. Aug. 14 to raise money and celebrate the Paramount Theatre’s 85th year.
- Landon, Smith create history booklet for Paramount During a meeting more than two decades ago about saving the Paramount Theatre, Norma Smith made a comment to her husband that someone should write about it.
- Weekend Calendar: July 11 Entertainment scheduled at area venues for July 11-13.
- Live music: July 11 The following listings for live music and entertainment events are published in the Friday edition of The Herald Bulletin.
City working with new group to save Wigwam
A request for more time from the Wigwam Sports & Entertainment group of investors was denied because local officials lacked confidence the proposed project could be completed.
- Giveaways, festivals planned for remainder of summer The summer months are heating up with festivals and giveaways. Organizations throughout Madison County are planning car shows, festivals and school giveaways for July and August. Here's a look at what's ahead.
Valley View bucks trend, reopens
This is not the way things have been going these past several years for The Golf Courses of Madison County.
- Eating hot dogs requires reading labels, moderation Nothing seems more American for many than shooting off fireworks and eating hot dogs on the Fourth of July, but now that the holiday is over it might be safer to leave the franks behind.
- Environmental group working on alternative plan The Hoosier Environmental Council is calling for an alternative plan for the stretch of White River from Yorktown to Anderson in opposition to the proposed Mounds Lake Reservoir project.
- More Entertainment Headlines