ANDERSON — The Herald Bulletin recently made a request to our readers to share their favorite recipes. Nicole Winkler shared this recipe for Bunny Race Cars just in time for the month of May.
Please email your recipes to email@example.com; or they can be mailed to Janis Bowling, The Herald Bulletin, P.O. Box 1090, Anderson, IN, 46016. We also encourage you to submit your photo.
Bunny race cars
Tiny Twists pretzels
Twinkies (or other similar cream-filled cakes)
Mini marshmallows (for headlights)
Decorating Icing (cupcake icing), to use as glue
Other optional items: large marshmallows (alternate wheels), assorted candies, sprinkles, etc.
1. Cut a small rectangle about a third of the way from Twinkie end. This will be the "seat" for the Peeps racer, so you'll want the cut-out to be large enough to fit the Peeps into. Put a little decorating icing in the cut-out to secure the Peeps in place.
2. About 1/2-inch in front of the seat cut-out, using a sharp knife, cut a little slit for placement of the mini pretzel steering wheel. You'll want to press the pretzel about halfway into the slit, again, securing with a little decorating icing.
3. Next, you'll want to determine placement of the tires. Secure mini Oreo tires by spreading with a little decorating icing "glue."
4. Cut mini marshmallows in half. Spread a little decorating icing on cut side of marshmallow and secure to front of Twinkie (for headlights).
5. Add whatever other "personal" touches you would like to make these your "own" creations!