Craft beer playbook wide open for Super Bowl
The Super Bowl is all about the spectacle. Whether it’s the food, the commercials, the half-time show, the game itself, it’s got to be big and brash. Which is why you have no excuse for drinking some watered down, mass market beer this year.
- Juicing eliminates nutrients The latest juicing craze boasts healthier living, but misconceptions about cleanses could leave drinkers malnourished.
- Hops demand grows as breweries bloom The local food movement is creating higher demand for Indiana-grown hops, but it may take several years for the supply to catch up.
- A lean holiday roast that doesn't skimp on flavor Let's face it, as much as we want to be healthy, there is such a thing as roast that is too lean. A lack of fat often means a lack of flavor. So how to make up this deficit?
Residents share holiday potluck etiquette, secrets
Call them potlucks, pitch-ins, carry-ins or just dinner, most people contribute food to at least one gathering during the holiday season. For many, the most wonderful time of the year means it’s time for friends, family and food.
- Fruity inspirations How can you work fruit ingredients into your holiday baking this year? Take a look at these recipes for some hints.
- Make it and freeze it After working all day, you arrive home to face the job of preparing dinner, often for the whole, hungry family. Wouldn’t it be great if you could just pull something out of the freezer, and voila, dinner's just about on the table? David Gillaspy is out to help with that.
All fired up
While you watch, Michael McCurry gently presses handmade dough out on a wooden paddle, slathers pesto sauce on it, then sprinkles on cheese and a selection of delightful fresh accoutrements.
- Greek’s Pizzeria focuses on food, family and friends Everywhere you look, it’s a slice of the community. Moms, dads, kids, seniors, young couples, old friends, relatives – you name it – everyone can find a comfortable spot at Greek’s Pizzeria. But it's the pizza that gets you in the door.
Anderson eatery offers breakfast, lunch right downtown
Your Way Café opened for business in June in downtown Anderson with a mix and match sandwich menu. This week, hours have been expanded, and now there’s a breakfast menu as well.
- More Food Headlines
- Craft beer playbook wide open for Super Bowl