VIDEO: For Elwood senior running back Sammy Mireles, breaking Indiana's all-time high school career rushing record will stand as an accomplishment for an entire community to enjoy.
Mireles closes in on history
- High School Sports
- Raiders nip Tigers 55-52 In a game that seemed to turn more times than a revolving door, the visiting Shenandoah Raiders were able to score a 55-52 comeback win over the host Alexandria Tigers Saturday night at the Jungle.
- Bulldogs ruin Argylls perfect start The Madison-Grant Argylls boys’ basketball team came into last night’s game with a perfect record, but Mitchell Richardson and the Lapel Bulldogs took a 54-38 decision at Lapel for the Argylls’ first blemish on the season.
- Frankton rips ranked Blue Devils For those fans that dared to look down at their popcorn, they risked missing a Blue Devil turnover as No. 8 Frankton defeated No. 5 Tipton 71-41 at the Eagles Nest on Saturday night.
- Mireles, Dunigan All-State selections Elwood's Sammy Mireles and Shenandoah's Colby Dunigan were the lone area players named All-State for football as announced by The Associated Press on Saturday evening.
- Rebounds, Key spark Eagles to win Two teams struggling to notch victories in this young girls basketball season met here Friday and both likely left feeling just a bit better.
- Bulldogs start quick, swat Hornets Lapel coach Kevin Brattain was not happy with the way his team opened its previous game — that was not an issue on Friday night.
- Argylls remain perfect on season First-year coach Brian Trout kept his perfect career record intact as Madison-Grant rallied for a 46-38 victory over Wes-Del on Friday to improve to 3-0 this season.
- Nadaline makes it a grand slam In high school sports today, competition is often so severe that some really good athletes don't make varsity until their sophomore years.
- Frankton girls get on winning track Two teams faced off in the Eagles Nest searching for their first win of the season, and when the final horn sounded it was Frankton outscoring Eastern (Greentown) 39-27 for the victory.
NBA D-league team proposed for Wigwam
The Wigwam gymnasium could become the home of an NBA development league if plans proceed from a former area basketball coach. "We have a plan for the Wigwam to be used in a lot of different ways," Terry Thimlar said "One of the possibilities would be a D-League team, but it's much more than that. Right now our major focus is to bring it back to life and make it a viable entity."
- More High School Sports Headlines