VIDEO: For Elwood senior running back Sammy Mireles, breaking Indiana's all-time high school career rushing record will stand as an accomplishment for an entire community to enjoy.
Mireles closes in on history
- High School Sports
- Last year's loss continues to fuel Lions Reminders are everywhere. On a summer trip to a shopping mall in Indianapolis, Jason Chapell caught sight of a Lafayette Central Catholic basketball player. The boy was wearing his letterman jacket, and on the back was a patch celebrating the Knights' 2013 Class 1A regional championship. Just like that, the memories came rushing back.|ANDERSON — Reminders are everywhere. On a summer trip to a shopping mall in Indianapolis, Jason Chapell caught sight of a Lafayette Central Catholic basketball player. The boy was wearing his letterman jacket, and on the back was a patch celebrating
- Lions roar to third straight title After a rough start in Saturday's sectional final against Monroe Central, Liberty Christian showed its mettle and finished off its quest for a third straight sectional title with a hard-fought 64-52 victory.
- Frankton loses another title game thriller It was a second straight classic boys basketball matchup for the Lapel Sectional title.
- Devils end Arabians' sectional streak Pendleton Heights produced another of its furious fourth quarter rallies Saturday night. But this time Richmond had an answer.
Eastern knocks out Madison-Grant
Eastern hit four straight 3-pointers to end the first quarter, including one at the buzzer, to take control and eventually defeat Madison-Grant 62-53 on Friday night at The Jungle in Alexandria.
Frankton roars past Falcons in second half
Frankton trailed Winchester 27-23 at halftime of Friday's second semifinal sectional game.
- Liberty Christian to face Monroe Central in sectional final Liberty Christian will play Monroe Central in the sectional final after defeating Southern Wells, 80-32.
- Arabians advance to fifth straight sectional final Pendleton Heights' 10th straight sectional victory — a 57-43 decision against the Trojans at the New Castle Fieldhouse — only appeared to be easy.
Lapel falls to No. 3 Wapahani
Despite holding a lead three minutes into the third quarter, the Lapel Bulldogs dropped a 52-37 decision to Class 2A No. 3 Wapahani Raiders in the sectional semifinal.
5 area teams in sectional semis Friday
Half of the 10 boys basketball teams in this area have made it to sectional semifinals Friday and each of them has a solid chance to make it to Saturday's title game.
- More High School Sports Headlines