VIDEO: For Elwood senior running back Sammy Mireles, breaking Indiana's all-time high school career rushing record will stand as an accomplishment for an entire community to enjoy.
Mireles closes in on history
- High School Sports
- Marauders edge Tribe, Arabians at PH Invite Less than a week after a close win in the Madison County track meet, the Pendleton Heights boys played host to the 59th annual Pendleton Heights Invitational on Thursday night. Anderson returned to defend its 2013 title, and the host Arabians had not won the event since 2007. In the end, Mt. Vernon spoiled the night, scoring valuable points late to overtake the Indians and win the event 133-127 over Anderson.
- Arabians rally to topple Tribe in the eighth Thursday night's regular season game at Bill Stoudt Field lacked the artistry of Saturday's Nick Muller Memorial Baseball Tournament final at Memorial Field. But the rivalry rematch between Pendleton Heights and Anderson retained all of its drama. The Arabians (8-4) rallied for three runs in the bottom of the eighth inning to beat the Indians 10-9 and run their winning streak to seven games.
- Eagles hold off Raiders rally Frankton flew out to a big lead, only to have Shenandoah battle back on the softball diamond. But, the Eagles were fend off the Raiders for a 10-8 victory.
- Frankton hits early, often in win over Anderson Frankton pounded out 11 hits in handing Anderson its second softball loss in as many nights.
- Argylls hold on to top Tigers Pitching and defense win games, especially in girls high school softball and it was on display here Wednesday evening as the Madison-Grant Lady Argylls picked up a 4-1 Central Indiana Conference win over the host Lady Tigers.
- Indians come up short against Tigers in golf The Anderson Indians came up short against Yorktown 147-170 on Wednesday.
- Tigers nip Argylls in girls track meet ALEXANDRIA -- Kelsey Crisp had a trio of firsts and a second place finish and her Alexandria Tigers needed every one of those as they nipped Madison-Grant 61-60 in a girls dual track meet here Tuesday. Crisp won the 100, the 400 and the long jump and
- PH displays depth, dismantles Delta Three of Pendleton Heights top five golfers sat out Tuesday’s match against Delta, and the Arabians barely missed a beat. Tyler Meyer and Chase Simpson fired low nine-hole scores of 36 to pace the Arabians to a 159-190 victory over the Eagles.
- Lady Tribe takes down county champs In sports, timing can be everything. For the Anderson Lady Tribe, the timing was perfect for an upset Monday night as they squared off with 2014 Madison County softball champion Pendleton Heights. Anderson took advantage of five Pendleton errors and pounded out seven hits to take a 12-5 win over the sixth-ranked Arabians.
- Millers knock down M-G Class 2A Madison-Grant took a big step up to play Class 4A Noblesville in softball on Monday night, and the result was a 10-0 loss in five innings to the Millers.
- More High School Sports Headlines