MIDDLETOWN, Ind. — At halftime Friday, the deficit was 42-14, and, a week after a devastating loss to Eastern Hancock, it looked like Shenandoah was on its way to a second-straight blowout loss.
- High School Sports
- Eagles recover, stop Patriots When the first quarter came to an end, Frankton trailed Jay County by 16 points. The Lady Eagles walked to their bench with the look of a defeated team, but they proved that to be a myth.
- Bulldogs roll past Argylls Coming into their match-up Wednesday night, the Lapel Lady Bulldogs and Madison-Grant Lady Argylls were a study of opposites.
- Royals roll past Pendleton Heights Turnovers and poor shooting from every sport on the floor — coupled with a team hitting on all cylinders — led to the Pendleton Heights Lady Arabians dropping their third game of the season and second in a row.
- Anderson roughs up Marauders early in win The Mount Vernon Marauders will have dreams for some time of a blur of movement and those dreams will turn out to be nightmares. Anderson's Samia Carter used her speed and strength to will the Lady Tribe to a 19-0 lead on their way to a 72-60 victory Tuesday night over the defending state champions.
THB Volleyball Athlete of the Year: Allie Hueston
A change of roles and improved health helped Alexandria's Allie Hueston earn the accolade as The 2013 Herald Bulletin Volleyball Athlete of the Year.
- Raiders nip Tigers 55-52 In a game that seemed to turn more times than a revolving door, the visiting Shenandoah Raiders were able to score a 55-52 comeback win over the host Alexandria Tigers Saturday night at the Jungle.
- Bulldogs ruin Argylls perfect start The Madison-Grant Argylls boys’ basketball team came into last night’s game with a perfect record, but Mitchell Richardson and the Lapel Bulldogs took a 54-38 decision at Lapel for the Argylls’ first blemish on the season.
- Frankton rips ranked Blue Devils For those fans that dared to look down at their popcorn, they risked missing a Blue Devil turnover as No. 8 Frankton defeated No. 5 Tipton 71-41 at the Eagles Nest on Saturday night.
- Mireles, Dunigan All-State selections Elwood's Sammy Mireles and Shenandoah's Colby Dunigan were the lone area players named All-State for football as announced by The Associated Press on Saturday evening.
- Rebounds, Key spark Eagles to win Two teams struggling to notch victories in this young girls basketball season met here Friday and both likely left feeling just a bit better.
- More High School Sports Headlines