- High School Sports
Pendleton Heights' Taylor wins Track Athlete of Year
This past season, the Pendleton Heights boys track team was saddled with replacing several graduated seniors. Junior Zach Taylor was among the leaders who filled the roles and as a result, Zach is the 2014 Herald Bulletin Boys Track Athlete of the Year.
- Cottrell sprints to the top Kiawna Cottrell’s goal going into the season was to find two seconds in the 400 meter dash.
- McCardwell top area netter as sophomore The future looks bright for the Pendleton Heights girls’ tennis team, and Emma McCardwell is a big part of what is to come for the Arabians.
- Hard work puts Denney on top Trevar Denney stood over his ball on the ninth green at The Edge Golf Club during Pendleton Heights’ early May match against Anderson. When the putt rolled in from 20 feet, the momentum of his senior year changed.
- Quinn, Wilkerson aid all-star wins The final two games of the sixth annual Indiana Class Basketball All-Star Classic featured the seniors of each class in Indiana boys high school basketball at Anderson University on Saturday evening. Both games were close and competitive from start to finish.
- Girls fight through short-handed conditions Three area girls battled through short-handed situations in the senior portion of the Indiana Class Basketball All-Star Classic Saturday at Anderson University.
- East blasts West in Football Classic More than 80 players, including several form local schools, took part in the 14th annual East-West Football Classic on Friday night at Anderson High School.
- Liberty's Nunn shines in All-Star Classic Chris Nunn showed he belonged with the best juniors in the state on Friday night as his Indiana Class Basketball All-Star team defeated another group of juniors 101-75 at Anderson University.
- Key, Williams shine in All-Star Classic Two of the most promising girls players, who will be seniors this coming season, displayed their talents at Anderson University Friday.
Arabians fourth best at state golf tourney
Trevar Denney was back in his usually top spot on Wednesday in the final round of the 78th Indiana Boys High School Golf State Finals and he showed that he belonged among the top players on Wednesday at The Legends Golf Course.
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Pendleton Heights' Taylor wins Track Athlete of Year