- High School Sports
- Indiana All-Stars reunion has strong Anderson flavor The remembrances of yesteryear were too opaque to brush away. With every footstep Roy Taylor took onto the court at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Saturday night, his mind blissfully time warped.
- Pendleton Heights golf team qualifies for state finals The expectations were high for the Pendleton Heights golf team as it entered Friday’s regional finals at The Players Club, but a return trip to the state finals looked bleak early on. Then the Arabians made the turn and put together an impressive comeback as the green and white ground out a third-place finish with a 309 and will move on to the state finals.
Benson bringing All-Stars to AU for games
Former Indiana University and NBA standout Kent Benson has moved his Indiana Class Basketball All-Star Classic from his hometown of New Castle to Anderson University this year. The event, to be held June 20 and 21, is designed to showcase players from all size schools, both juniors and seniors, in an All-Star basketball format.
- Arabians survive strong golf sectional It was a colorful day of golf with Noblesville's bright yellow shirts, Fishers' flashy red shorts and Hamilton Southeastern's baby blue pants, but the boys in the black shirts also advanced as Pendleton Heights finished third Monday in the IHSAA Boys Golf Sectional at Purgatory Golf Course in Noblesville.
- Arabians part of loaded golf sectional ANDERSON -- The No. 10-ranked Pendleton Heights boys golf team won't have far to look to find competition in today's sectional. The Arabians are not only in the same sectional at Purgatory Golf Club with No. 1 Hamilton Southeastern and No. 12 Noblesv
Thompson, Wapahani blank Panthers in regional final
Elwood entered Saturday night’s Wabash Regional baseball finals riding the high emotions of its come-from-behind victory in the semifinals. Unfortunately for the Panthers that was not enough to overcome top-rated Wapahani and a lights-out pitching performance. Wapahani starting pitcher Zach Thompson dominated the Elwood hitters as the Panthers fell to the Raiders 4-0 at Chris Rood Field on the campus of Wabash High School.
- Softball: Elwood's record-setting run ends The clock finally struck midnight on the most successful season in Elwood softball history as Class 2A No. 6 Eastside defeated the Panthers 3-0 in the first game of the Eastern Semistate on Saturday.
- Korn, Bentley prove they belong in 'Hoosiers' classic Growing up in the small town of Frankton (population 1,837), Aaron Korn immediately latched onto the basketball mystique surrounding the celebrated Hollywood tale of “Hoosiers.” Taking numerous pilgrimages through the years to Knightstown to see the fabled hoops home of the Hickory Huskers — officially named the Historic Hoosier Gym — the sharp-shooting guard already knew the sheened sweet spots around the floor.
- Baseball: Panthers rally to reach regional final Elwood overcame two costly fielding errors to defeat Southwood 7-5 during a Class 2A baseball regional semifinal at Chris Rood Field on the campus of Wabash High School on Saturday afternoon.
Cottrell, Sakeuh shine at state track finals
Kiawna Cottrell had the best high school track meet of her life. Plenseh-tay Sakeuh accomplished something believed never before done in her school's history. Together the Madison County stars turned a beautiful Friday evening at Indiana University's Robert C. Haugh Track & Field Complex into an historic one as well.
- More High School Sports Headlines