- High School Sports
- Baseball: Panthers rally to reach regional final Elwood overcame two costly fielding errors to defeat Southwood 7-5 during a Class 2A baseball regional semifinal at Chris Rood Field on the campus of Wabash High School on Saturday afternoon.
Cottrell, Sakeuh shine at state track finals
Kiawna Cottrell had the best high school track meet of her life. Plenseh-tay Sakeuh accomplished something believed never before done in her school's history. Together the Madison County stars turned a beautiful Friday evening at Indiana University's Robert C. Haugh Track & Field Complex into an historic one as well.
- Elwood enjoys first baseball title since 2009 It was almost midnight Tuesday morning when Andy Garcia officially was able to celebrate the high point of his first season as Elwood's baseball coach. So far.
Panthers claim softball regional title
Over the last two nights, the town of Elwood has had plenty to celebrate on the diamond.
- Top-ranked Wapahani outlasts Frankton The Frankton baseball team ran into a sophomore buzzsaw in Tuesday's Class 2A sectional championship game. Zack Thompson struck out 13 Eagles — and picked off three more — and top-ranked Wapahani (26-4) advanced to Saturday's regional with a convincing 7-0 victory.
- PH's McDermott commits to Butler Last November, for a brief and frightening period of time, Sean McDermott was uncertain he'd ever play basketball again. Almost a year later, he'll sign a letter of intent to play the game at the NCAA's highest level. The Pendleton Heights senior verbally committed to Butler University last week — an honor that carries even more weight after he was hospitalized with a severe staph infection last year and lost the first six games of his junior season.|PENDLETON — Last November, for a brief and frightening period of time, Sean McDermott was uncertain he'd ever play basketball again. Almost a year later, he'll sign a letter of intent to play the game at the NCAA's highest level. The Pendleton Height
- Rain plays havoc with baseball schedule Frankton and Wapahani will have to wait at least one more day to determine the champion of their Class 2A baseball sectional.
Elwood claims softball sectional crown
Aggression on the basepaths and the three-hit pitching of Kenzie Bryan lifted Elwood to a sectional softball championship on Saturday. Bryan limited the Eastern Comets to three singles and a walk, and the Panthers used timely hitting and speed and daring for a 2-0 victory.
- Broncos hammered in 13-0 sectional loss A close game turned into a blowout Saturday afternoon as the Daleville Broncos hosted the Monroe Central Golden Bears in Sectional 55 action.
- Trojans turn tables on Tribe The Anderson baseball team has struggled to protect late leads throughout the spring, and that fatal flaw cost the Indians their season Saturday at Molinder Field.
- More High School Sports Headlines