- High School Sports
- Pendleton completes match season in regional final loss to Marion The No. 28-ranked Pendleton Heights girls tennis team tried to overcome the obstacles of playing the tennis regional finals on its opponent's home court, heat and humidity, but in the end it was the No. 22-ranked Marion Giants’ day as they knocked off the Arabians 4-1 for the regional title.
- Panthers will meet Eastern for sectional title Madison County teams Elwood and Alexandria both out-hit its opponents on Thursday night, but only one survived the semifinal round of the Class 2A, Sectional 39 at Eastern High School in Greentown.
- No boys get auto state track meet berths The competition was tough Thursday night at North Central High School as the Indiana High School boys track state tournament ran the regional round.
- Eagles, No. 1 Raiders will meet for sectional title All that stands between Frankton and a 2A baseball sectional title is the No. 1-rated team in the state.
- Cougars' big hits doom Arabians Travis Keesling hoped to add one more good memory at Molinder Field in Thursday's Class 4A baseball sectional opener. Instead, the Pendleton Heights coach watched the season come to an end with a 7-3 loss against his old team, Greenfield-Central, on his old home diamond.
- Lapel, Wapahani set for semifinal showdown The weather — and the method — was different, but the result was the same. Wapahani and Lapel picked up Class 2A baseball sectional victories Wednesday night, setting up a showdown in Thursday's semifinals at Frankton.
Shenandoah wins softball sectional title
Shenandoah captured its 18th softball sectional crown with a 4-1 victory over the Frankton Eagles. “Hard work pays off,” Shenandoah coach Stacey Goyette said. “These kids have worked a long time. We have been together a long time. Together and team work has been the total emphasis.”
- Lapel's Sakeuh leads locals at track regional Representatives from five area high schools lined up for a shot to earn a berth in the IHSAA Girls State Track Finals Tuesday night at Ben Davis High School. After a very competitive night, Lapel and Pendleton Heights will be sending competitors to Bloomington for the finals next Friday.
- Frankton, Wapahani advance with sectional wins Frankton rode an offensive avalanche and Shenandoah plowed through a wave of bad umpire decisions here Tuesday and they will meet tonight to decide a softball title.
- PH moves on to tennis regional final Pendleton Heights kept its streak rolling against Jay County on Tuesday in the Marion girls tennis regional with a clean sweep and a trip to the finals today at 5 p.m. on the Bill Beekman Tennis Courts.
- More High School Sports Headlines