- Starting from scratch When costs to build on their Pendleton plot skyrocketed due to Hurricane Katrina blowing through, Mickey and Amanda Foley changed their plans and sought out an already-existing home.
- Hymes motto: 'Watch, learn and do it yourself' Driving by the only log home on the block, you may think that Larry and Debbie Hymes chose their house for that outstanding building material. In fact, it was the potential in the structure and the appeal of the neighborhood that caused them to take root in the small community.
- Blue heaven “My basement is the ultimate man cave,” says Ray Summeier, owner of Trustworthy Land Title, of his basement. “I have the best wife ever and she let me do whatever I wanted. I wanted a Colts heaven.”
No plain-Jane style for this couple
When Scott and Chrislyn Reed bought their home 12 years ago, almost every wall was covered with wallpaper. Now every wall is painted – but not in a plain-Jane color or everyday style. Each room is accented with at least one unique wall that leaves guests asking: “How did you do that?”
- Building a house block by block All Mike Harlan really wanted was a four-car garage. On the path to his seemingly simple dream, he and his wife Kathy ended up with the project of a lifetime.
Finding a forever home in Edgewood
In the market for a house suitable for retirement (even though that will be years in the future), Brian Browning knew Edgewood was the place for him. After watching the market for six months, he spotted the perfect residence.
- Texture and shape with panache With an eye for detail and the ability to weave together high end finishes in an exquisite manner, Todd and Deborah Tufts added flair to a home in Pendleton.
A home with character and light
Setting unmatched craftsmanship on land rife with wildlife, the builders of John and Susie Schieve’s home unwittingly created a paradise for the couple.
- Summer getaway right at home While Madison County residents are flocking to the beach for summer vacations, certain Florida locals have determined that Alexandria is the perfect spot for a green getaway.
- Balancing style and space Using elements of design she learned from the workplace, Jahnae Erpenbach has decorated her home to create a chic yet comfortable atmosphere for family and friends to enjoy.
- More Homes Headlines