- Travel treasures Sue Taylor began her life in Anderson and is enjoying her retirement years in Anderson, but traveled the world in the meantime. Remnants of her voyages fill her home, especially from her three years in Japan.
- Back yard dream Often people are swept away by the house of their dreams, but Lisa Pay was swept away by the back yard of her dreams. Hailing from Colorado, Lisa knew an expansive yard was on the must-have list, but she never expected to find one with a winding creek and a backdrop of the woods.
- Snow may go but roofs still leak Not only did the recent snow and ice wreak havoc with roads and schedules, they also placed a strain on the roofs of homeowners.
- Now is the time to declutter and dispose New Year’s resolutions of organization coupled with winter weather that forces residents to stay inside are resulting in homeowners decluttering and putting order into their lives.
- Favorite homes from 2013 Some residents spend a great deal of money on their homes while others achieve unbelievable results with little cash and a lot of imagination. Here are some favorites from the past year.
- A welcoming haven Increased stress can push some families over the edge into violence. Alternatives is the local emergency shelter available to house women and children seeking to escape domestic battery.
- Decorations with spiritual meanings While many homeowners add a few decorations to their living room in anticipation of the Christmas season, Pat Barnes clears entire bookcases to make space for the holiday transformation.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Keeping it for another generation As pay for service in the Civil War, Thomas Jenkins Doty was homesteaded 640 acres near Fortville. His great-great-grandson still dwells on the property and greatly appreciates the rich family history that surrounds him.
Klines build their ideal home on family farm
Watching their son build a home on the family farm, Tim and Nina Kline developed an itch to start from scratch themselves. Living in the house they built on the property in 1974, the couple had some new ideas of what would create the ideal house.
- More Homes Headlines