- Decorations with spiritual meanings While many homeowners add a few decorations to their living room in anticipation of the Christmas season, Pat Barnes clears entire bookcases to make space for the holiday transformation.
- Deck the halls Excited residents are unboxing Christmas décor and erecting trees, hoping to create a festive atmosphere that is pleasing to the eye but doesn’t break the bank.
- Keeping it for another generation As pay for service in the Civil War, Thomas Jenkins Doty was homesteaded 640 acres near Fortville. His great-great-grandson still dwells on the property and greatly appreciates the rich family history that surrounds him.
Klines build their ideal home on family farm
Watching their son build a home on the family farm, Tim and Nina Kline developed an itch to start from scratch themselves. Living in the house they built on the property in 1974, the couple had some new ideas of what would create the ideal house.
- Made for a feast Marrying the rugged experience of the great outdoors to the elegance of a two-story living room and a bathroom with a whirlpool tub and jetted shower, the home of Gregory and Carolyn (Weatherly) Scott has been an oasis for the couple.
- Farmhouse reflects personality of owners Three years ago Chuck and Sandy North left their 60-acre property in Farmland in search of a different school system for their grandchildren. Raising a second set of kids changed their priorities and their lifestyle.
- Bringing the old firehouse back to life When Lisa Singleton-Roberts lost her job earlier this year, she decided it was finally time to follow her dream. Having spent 14 years as a successful certified wedding/event planner, she knew she wanted to operate her own venue.
- Renovation continues on dilapidated tax sale house Faithful readers have repeatedly requested a renovation update from Emma Bowen Meyer on the house she bought at the tax sale.
- New life for Nichol Avenue home Kevin and Donna Hawes used to drive by a neglected brick home oozing with charm and think that someone needed to invest a little love and elbow grease into the property. When it appeared on the commissioner’s tax sale, they decided to become those people.
- Living room view seals the deal for Byers Bringing an unparalleled sense of style and elegance to an older house that afforded the perfect space and view, Bill and Cindy Byer have created a dream home they can enjoy for years to come.
- More Homes Headlines