This letter is directed to all World War II veterans who have not yet seen the WWII Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, the Vietnam Memorial and/or the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I want you to know that it’s possible to see all of these and more, at no cost to you. You will be flown to Washington, D.C., for a full-day guided tour, which includes five meals, wheelchairs if needed and VIP treatment.The people in charge of the Honor Flight are the kindest people you will ever meet. They look after you at all times and assist you in every way. You may choose to have a son or daughter, or a friend be your “guardian.” The guardian will pay a fee for the day.They are also beginning to accept applications from Korean War veterans; however, WWII veterans have first priority.If interested, call 260-633-0049 or go online to HonorFlight.com for further information and/or scheduling. I just returned from the flight on May 8, going as a guardian for my brother. It was a wonderful experience. Sign up, and have a good time!Harold VanGordonUpland
- Letter: Columnist's words are mean-spirited Cal Thomas's July 6 column, "Arrogant president harming the nation," exhibits his usual partisanship.
- Letter: City beautification ignores other areas I read in the paper where they are going to start work on their great roundabout. What a waste, they are spending millions on the south side for the great gateway to Anderson and all the while the rest of Anderson is ignored.
- Letter: Poll shows priorities are backward Your recent polling question about schools providing free food for children tells us society has its priorities backwards. The conservatives want low taxes. 53 percent said no to feeding the kids.
Letter: Grandson being punished for ISTEP score
I am a very upset grandparent. My grandson is being punished for having a bad language arts ISTEP score. Not only will they not let him take band, they have taken him out of the honors math that he was supposed to be in.
- Letter: Mounds Lake will do more harm than good How pathetic that promoters of the Mounds Lake Reservoir and dam project are so uncaring of the homes and businesses in the area proposed.
- Letter: President's trade being swept under rug My question to all, why do we keep hearing after a number of months about the shootings in Colorado, Sandy Hook, etc., but yet the president illegally deals with terrorists, trades five for a believed deserter and now it is being swept under the rug?
- Letter: New glass ceiling is $12 an hour All those libertarians, tea party, conservatives (dupes of the rich) are leading America's middle class and poor into poverty and depression.
- Letter: Constitution, laws being trampled Nancy Pelosi said, "When it comes to protecting the children I'm a lioness!" Too bad that doesn't include the babies who are ripped from the womb. How ironic to hear the progressive liberals talk of compassion for illegals while killing our own.
- Letter: Liberal says 'illegal' should be taboo Did you see where a well-known liberal wants to do away with the "I" word? 'I' as in "illegal."
- Viewpoint: Panhandlers give wrong impression of our city First of all, let me start off by saying that I have as much empathy and compassion for those less fortunate as the next person.
- More Letters Headlines