Why is the United States involved with Syria so much? Millions of dollars have already gone to support the al-Qaida-linked rebels, and now U.S. military force is being strongly considered. Why does America want Assad out of power so vehemently?We hear from the press about the use of chemical weapons by Assad. Is this the truth? The media, typically, is not the American public's best friend. It will tell you what the globalists want you to hear and believe, and to justify selected actions.You see, there are also viable reports that the chemical actions were actually done by the al-Qaida linked rebels in order to blame Assad. This kind of thinking is not unusual when certain objectives are being sought.Are we supporting the overthrow of Assad for Israel? If that was so, then I guess al-Qaida-backed rebels will have a different attitude toward Israel when it's all said and done. Don't believe it for one moment.What about Russia in all this? We have antagonized the Russians over and over again with our decisions to use military force when and where we want. This should not be taken lightly. Russia has been arming itself quietly and it's much stronger that the American media will tell you. Russia is strong and becoming much stronger. As Russia continues to rebuild, it's also taking advantage of America's current disarmament accommodations.In reality, American military force is being used to help implement globalist policy throughout the world. Michael ImhofAnderson
- Viewpoint: Bullying from Gov. Pence not acceptable Those of us who were horrified at the bullish tactics of Tony Bennett, a man who appeared to care more about stats than students, voted him out. Yet Gov. Pence seems hell-bent on carrying on the same bullish tactics.
Viewpoint: Public should be wary of reservoir hype
Three independent groups reviewed and issued a statement saying the Mounds Lake Reservoir project is bad.
- Letter: Residents can enroll in cancer research What if we could personally participate in research that might help determine factors that cause or prevent cancer?
- Letter: Pastor's view intolerant, inconsistent Once again I find the view of a local pastor to be intolerant and inconsistent.
Letter: Christians being persecuted worldwide
Christians are persecuted in 131 of the world's 193 countries per a Pew Forum study. That said, America has supported many groups doing much of the persecution.
- Viewpoint: Silence encourages this type of government Here is Madison County's government year in review:
- Viewpoint: Vote centers will provide best election experience Earlier this month, a proposal that would have created vote centers throughout Madison County failed to pass the County Election Board. With that, our community lost the opportunity to provide more ways for its citizens to vote.
- Viewpoint: Donations to shelters will help get homeless off the streets Did you know the homeless in the homeless shelters and out on the streets of Anderson, Indiana really do need our help?
- Letter: Look at facts to assess current status Question: “Are you better off now than you were five years ago?” Some may be quick to answer this question without giving it much real thought.
- Letter: True cost of insurance will be known soon Americans have been reminded, over and over again, about the unfairness of a Washington enforced, Washington approved, health insurance.
- More Letters Headlines